Eric Prime

4th of July Weekend | Tiktok propels Minions 2 to 108.5 3-Day OW | TGM 25.5, Elvis 19, JWD 15.6, Black Phone 12.3 | Independence Day Weekend Sale!

Sad Elvis and BP won't get up from early estimates, but still very solid numbers. 

Elvis should do 18-19M 3 day (23-24M on Holiday) 

BP should do around 12M 3 day (15M on Holiday) 

+100M locked for Elvis and +75M for BP looking real good

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Terrific said:

Is anyone else not FREAKED OUT by lack of Thursday numbers for DS2 and Lightyear?

I was meaning to say that, it would be a MASSIVE red flag if Disney starts to with hold their BO returns after D+ releases. Such a move would just be absolutely despicable, and I doubt that BO tracking would ever recover from it

8 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Sad Elvis and BP won't get up from early estimates, but still very solid numbers. 

Elvis should do 18-19M 3 day (23-24M on Holiday) 

BP should do around 12M 3 day (15M on Holiday) 

+100M locked for Elvis and +75M for BP looking real good

Around a 50% drop for a horror movie is actually really good. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Terrific said:

Is anyone else not FREAKED OUT by lack of Thursday numbers for DS2 and Lightyear?

I suspect it’s just people are off for the holiday, and so there was no report … 

… but wouldn’t be totally shocked if they saw the Minions Thursday and wanted to avoid the direct comp to Lightyear and corresponding headlines 

Still calling my shot.... $575m by the end of July 4th for TG2.  $600m right around or on July 10th.  

It will play strong through August, have a great bump on Labor Day and then stay around until at least the end of September in many theaters.  

$700m+ is happening.  

• Like 6

Also, if you are listening Paramount..... once it hits $700m+, put it out on PVOD in October and then do a huge push for it coming to Paramount+ in December.  From there, get it an IMAX 3D special or similar along with a re-relase for award season in early 2023.  

• Like 4

From what I hear, Paramount also has a special push ready for sometime in the not so distant future with theaters having Top Gun and Top Gun: Maverick as a double feature with special footage added.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

8 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Also, if you are listening Paramount..... once it hits $700m+, put it out on PVOD in October and then do a huge push for it coming to Paramount+ in December.  From there, get it an IMAX 3D special or similar along with a re-relase for award season in early 2023.  

PVOD for November cause Veterans Day.