Eric S'ennui

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER WEEKEND THREAD | The hammer swings down with 144.2 DOM, 302 WW, the 3rd-biggest 2022 opening | Minions 46.1, TGM 15.5, Elvis 11.2, JWD 8.6

34 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Interesting that test screens for Amsterdam haven't been very good. I thought the trailer looked awesome.

Same. I actually saw the trailer for the first time before Thor on Thursday night. Looked like a blast. Hopefully the test screenings prove false.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Panda said:

One of the rarest feats a franchise can pull is four+ quality movies in a row.

I can think of only:

mission: impossible (all of them)

fast and furious (4, 5, 6, 7)

Star Wars (ROTS, TFA, RO, TLJ)

MCU should be broken out into multiple franchises, not a singular one. But even as a singular one its best unbroken quality run is (Ragnarok, black Panther, IW)

You missed the most obvious one Toy Story.

4 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

You missed the most obvious one Toy Story.

yeah I guess MOST people would like all those movies.

I mean I personally think the first two are good and so is the third one. Don't know about the fourth one because I slept through it..

8 minutes ago, cannastop said:

yeah I guess MOST people would like all those movies.

I mean I personally think the first two are good and so is the third one. Don't know about the fourth one because I slept through it..

I think the first three are excellent and the fourth one is a slight step down but still very good. Which is probably the general consensus among most people too. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John Marston said:

250m budget confirmed. Most expensive non Avengers Marvel film I think. If the movie makes 750m worldwide it will be a solid hit but not a huge one

6rgae2u99ka91.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

Lena Headey was apparently paid 7M for a role which was cut

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/lena-headey-sued-troika-agent-1235305098/

Game of Thrones” star Lena Headey is being sued for $1.5 million by her former U.K. agency Troika over unpaid commission fees relating to a number of projects including the upcoming film “Thor: Love and Thunder.”

Troika, which re-branded as YMU in 2020, claims Headey owes the agency at least $500,000 — equivalent to 7% of her fee — for her earnings on the Marvel movie.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Why would anyone pay 7M to Lena Headey for anything at all. Insane. Bale and Portman received 20M each or what?

Given that the number comes from Headey's (ex) agents I assume it's a highballed number. Perhaps Headey had escalators in her contract if the film hit 750M or 1 Billion WW. Those numbers are rarely included in reports of an actor's topline number but are part of total compensation debates. 

So I watched eternals today and I have to say that it's reputation is well deserved. It's a big no for me dog. As I mentioned many times there's lots of Marvel movies that I absolutely love. But the eternals, doctor strange part 2... Man they just feel more like eye candy than actual decent entries into the Marvel cinematic universe.

Tracking thread trackers do seem pretty confident that 145M+ OW DOM is going to happen for TLT. Hopefully that holds true. Hopefully Minions is higher than Deadline's estimate and gets to 50M+ this weekend to for what's a pretty solid 55% drop weekend to weekend in the heart of summer days.

19 minutes ago, baumer said:

So I watched eternals today and I have to say that it's reputation is well deserved. It's a big no for me dog. As I mentioned many times there's lots of Marvel movies that I absolutely love. But the eternals, doctor strange part 2... Man they just feel more like eye candy than actual decent entries into the Marvel cinematic universe.

After seeing it, it really felt much better suited to prestige budgeted Disney+ series that's 6 40+ minute episodes. It actually felt like when they screen certain anime series and edit a longer season in two and half hours. I saw that with Attack on Titan year and years ago... It was... Jarring. Eternals is jarring too. Agree that eye candy is pretty great when it's working. I thought the action in the last act was pretty great too. But, yeah, pretty forgettable. I did like Strange 2 though. More than the first Strange at least. Definitely more than Eternals too. Did you like Shang Chi?

• Like 1