Eric Deetz

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER WEEKEND THREAD | The hammer swings down with 144.2 DOM, 302 WW, the 3rd-biggest 2022 opening | Minions 46.1, TGM 15.5, Elvis 11.2, JWD 8.6

4 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

avengers looks like 2000s tv show that grey filter is ugly asf

like fr the camera moves too much they cannot have a conversation where the camera is still

Edited by AnDr3s
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Yeah that tv show criticism of The Avengers is totally original. 

Never heard it before.

to be fair joss whendon did a decent upgrade visually in age of ultron

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ringedmortality said:

I recently re-watched phase 1 and it's shocking how good Iron Man - Captain America look. Especially compared to the rest of the MCU. Even The Avengers looks colorful and cartoony, which is something.

Everything in Avengers is good, except Captain America's costume.

• Like 1

Did anyone ever figure out why popular shows "jump the shark"?

I think if we can answer that then we can figure out why Feige might be resting on his laurels.

I mean Thor 4 might be the highest grossing Thor movie yet might end up with the worst RT score. No wonder they're on autopilot. The brand itself prints money.

Same thing happened with The Simpsons and Rick and Morty.

2 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Watched it last night. It was a fun movie, but served no purpose in the grander scheme of things.

A lot of the Marvel Movies did not really move the main Infinity wars plotline along.

5 hours ago, baumer said:

So I watched eternals today and I have to say that it's reputation is well deserved. It's a big no for me dog. As I mentioned many times there's lots of Marvel movies that I absolutely love. But the eternals, doctor strange part 2... Man they just feel more like eye candy than actual decent entries into the Marvel cinematic universe.

Both Eternals and DS2 had interesting elements to them - time's psychological toll in Eternals and some of the multiverses for DS2. However, both films had an atrocious final 30 minutes or so and some characterizations I simply loathed. Contrast that with NWH which overcame absurd fan service to deliver a terrific final 5 minutes. Sadly I doubt the next SM film will spend much time following up on and fleshing out that ending.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Did anyone ever figure out why popular shows "jump the shark"?

I think if we can answer that then we can figure out why Feige might be resting on his laurels.

I mean Thor 4 might be the highest grossing Thor movie yet might end up with the worst RT score. No wonder they're on autopilot. The brand itself prints money.

Same thing happened with The Simpsons and Rick and Morty.

IDK I don't think MCU is QUITE at the zombie money printing machine that SImpsons is right now.

3 hours ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

Yeah, but Food/fuel inflation is playing a decent role recently which should mess up quick comps. 

Anybody who think this inflation is not going to impact people's entertainment budgets.which will have a big effect on movie box office  is crazy. People are oging to be more selective then in the past.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, dudalb said:

A lot of the Marvel Movies did not really move the main Infinity wars plotline along.

Iron Man triology- main lead of Avengers

CA:TFA- space Stone

Thor- Loki

CA:WS- setup winter soldier for the main plot of Civil War

GOTG- power stone & Thanos

Ant-Man 1&2- setup quantum realm for Endgame

Age of Ultron- mind stone

Doctor Strange- Time stone

Thor Dark world- reality Stone

Civil War- setup plot of Infinity War

Captain Marvel- Space Stone

Edited by Factcheck
  • Like 1

wow that's a muted jump for Minions 2, friday was inflated for some reason. Still, a 45-46m second weekend means a drop on par with the first film, and that is good news for the sequel which now it is locked for 300m DOM. All this facing a much bigger Thor4 OW instead of Ant-Man OW, 

Edited by picores

50 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Let's be real, nobody in their senses is gonna say The Dark World is a superior film to Love & Thunder. The critical reaction to the Phase 4 films is only shocking in comparison because many RT critics went easy on superhero films a decade ago because there still wasn't a mass production of CBM content at the level that currently exists.

If TDW got the RT score it deserved (in the whereabouts of 40-45%) then the reactions to the scores of Eternals, DS2 and L&T would be much more muted.

142m OW and Doctor Strange 2 legs (x2.19), gives Thor 4 a 311m finish. With summer weekdays and little competition ahead, hard to see it fallig behind 300m DOM. I would say this OW bodes well for a 330-350 finish, ahead of Thor. Ragnarok.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Let's be real, nobody in their senses is gonna say The Dark World is a superior film to Love & Thunder. The critical reaction to the Phase 4 films is only shocking in comparison because many RT critics went easy on superhero films a decade ago because there still wasn't a mass production of CBM content at the level that currently exists.

If TDW got the RT score it deserved (in the whereabouts of 40-45%) then the reactions to the scores of Eternals, DS2 and L&T would be much more muted.

I haven't seen these movies but I do doubt the relative quality of Thor 2 is that bad. RT scores just are what they are.

13 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

The critical reaction to the Phase 4 films is only shocking in comparison because many RT critics went easy on superhero films a decade ago because there still wasn't a mass production of CBM content at the level that currently exists.

Fascinating you say this considering RT consists of more random nerd bloggers now than in 2013.

• Like 4