Eric Prime

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER WEEKEND THREAD | The hammer swings down with 144.2 DOM, 302 WW, the 3rd-biggest 2022 opening | Minions 46.1, TGM 15.5, Elvis 11.2, JWD 8.6

TLT is doing disappointing, but not epically disappointing, and was clear a while ago from sales. It’s a bad movie but not epically bad. What more is there to say (unless sun surprises I guess).

18 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Since I started age thingy sort of.

I am 24 but fairly young in Hollywood content. Watched a few of them till 2014 like HP, MI, Twilight, a few of MCU. Started watching Hollywood frequently in 2015-16.

So most 24 yo will have 2007/08 as their movie starting period, mine is around 2015.

I am old for Bollywood. I feel like the new actors coming up are bunch of bojos and will never be 1% as good/big as stars in peak in 2000s.

Except Amir Khan.

9 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Film is a visual medium. these are blockbusters costing 200 millions of dollars. They're supposed to have new and exciting visual effects and CGI to visualize the universe and adapt the creative source material

Yeah tell that to Black Panther.

9 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

And considering you think Spiderman 1 is mediocre, not sure you can even recognize a good story!

Pretty sure I don't need any certification from you, more so for CBMs.

1 minute ago, Cap said:

that is not what fanwank means 😂😂😂😂😂

Yeah, he's confusing Fanon with Fanwank but the expectation that every single answer needs to come from the makers including things which could mentally be filled in by fans as they please is definitely leading to plot cul-de-sacs which we waste time on now. Twitter has made it much easier to loudly argue about movies.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, baumer said:

Sorry but this is 100% false. The Phantom menace had a multiplier of something like 6.5 or something like that. Repeat viewings were definitely not a problem for Star wars because all the loonies ran out and saw it like five or six or 10 times. I remember seeing it at the theater in 1999 seven times over the summer. 400 million grossing films were not the norm in 1999. It didn't outgross Titanic but it certainly made a hell of a dent in the box office. Without looking it up I'm pretty sure the phantom menace was the second highest grossing movie of all time after it's run domestically.

Lol remember all those people who bought tickets to movies just to watch the teaser? Ah, life before YouTube. 

I only saw TPM twice in theaters. I lived in a small town and the nearest theater was 30 minutes away. I wasn’t old enough to drive yet. I definitely would have gone more if it were an option. 

I played the VHS a ton. TPM didn’t get a DVD release until 2001.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Doffy said:

Og Trilogy is always best even I liked sp3 more than nwh.

Spiderman eras for me

Spiderman Trilogy

MCU Trilogy 

Whatever The Amazing Spiderman Series was

Spiderman 2 best Spiderman movie, TASM 2 worst 

• Like 2