charlie Jatinder

11-14 Weekday Thread | Featuring Future BOFFY Award Winning Meltdown of Our Fallen False God

4 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

TGM reaching 600m the same day of release as Avatar are moments worth tracking for. Simply glorious.

What is this box office tracking you speak of? 

This is the drama bitches thread.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

25 minutes ago, parkerthegreat said:

I’m sorry, but I saw Empire’s baseball bat comment and I can’t believe that some of y’all think that’s an instaban worthy post. He’s clearly exaggerating. It’s like telling someone to pound sand, and the way he worded it makes it clear as day that he’s not being serious. He’s not “advocating for violence,” give me a fucking break. 

Next time someone tells you to go get fucked by a baseball bat (or something similar) because they did not like your opinions the staff will be sure to let it pass because you think its ok. 

Btw he did not get instaban because of that comment. He simply got a warning for it. Just like how he got a warning in the past for calling users “fucking morons”, for telling users to “go fuck yourself” and “clueless dumbfuck” and for gems like these 

“you are the type that lives under a bridge or mom and dad's basement.”

“Nice of your parents to let you use the computer tonight.”

“I will try to stop responding to the idiot crowd that is posting on mom and dad's wifi while eating hot pockets and jerking off to Harley Quinn fan art.” 
And many more. 

Maybe you are ok with people disparaging you like this but we do not allow anyone (no matter who they think they are) to abuse our users like this. Nor are our users so low in self respect that they would be OK with someone abusing them like this and thinking it is Ok. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, parkerthegreat said:

I’m sorry, but I saw Empire’s baseball bat comment and I can’t believe that some of y’all think that’s an instaban worthy post. He’s clearly exaggerating. It’s like telling someone to pound sand, and the way he worded it makes it clear as day that he’s not being serious. He’s not “advocating for violence,” give me a fucking break. 

This sounds like a post from parkerdobetter not parkerthegreat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

“I will try to stop responding to the idiot crowd that is posting on mom and dad's wifi while eating hot pockets and jerking off to Harley Quinn fan art.” 

That one hit home.

• Haha 6
  • Astonished 2

10 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

This feels very specific a thing to be a made up guy.

• Haha 3

I had to come back to just post this. I definitely appreciated EC posting numbers and I am annoyed by many around who just instigate folks like EC with their bait, his behavior is definitely not acceptable. I dont think he will function in this setup. So this is it for him here. Now I will go back to my hibernation for a while :-)

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Sorry to hijack the ban convo with actual box office stuff lol Maverick, you're back where you belong.

BIGGEST DOMESTIC 7th TUESDAY:

1 Jan 1, 2002 Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone $3,078,000   3,311    $930    $291,594,218
2 Feb 2, 2010 Avatar $2,688,514 3,074 $875 $601,141,551
3 Jul 12, 2022 Top Gun: Maverick $2,467,488 3,513 $702 $601,921,383

This is the moment when TG and AVATAR cross paths!

Edited by CaptNathanBrittles
  • Like 1

Well maybe I will come in here with my tail between my legs and my head bowed low and say that I didn't have all the facts when it comes to Empire. I'm not privy to the hidden posts I wasn't posting here enough to see all of the insults that you guys have talked about so I owe the moderation team an apology for lashing out at them when I didn't have all the facts.

And this one instance Schumacher is actually right, I just flew off the handle without researching stuff and I should have had all the facts first. I don't think he should have gotten two months for what he said about the VFX stuff but everything else that you guys are posting I can't deny that it's pretty abrasive and childish and has gone too far. So my bad you guys were right I was wrong. I apologize. 

@Eric Odinson

Edited by baumer
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Just now, baumer said:

Well maybe I will come in here with my tail between my legs and my head bowed low and say that I didn't have all the facts when it comes to Empire. I'm not privy to the hidden posts I wasn't posting here enough to see all of the insults that you guys have talked about so I owe the moderation team an apology for lashing out at them when I didn't have all the facts.

And this one instance Schumacher is actually right, I just flew off the handle without researching stuff and I should have had all the facts first. I don't think he should have gotten two months for what he said about the VFX stuff but everything else that you guys are posting I can't deny that it's pretty abrasive and childish and has gone too far. So my bad you guys were right I was wrong. I apologize. 

This has been a long time coming but....

We Did It Hug GIF by MLB

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

This is the moment when TG and AVATAR cross paths!

I think Top Gun might still be ahead with today's gross by just a hair, 100k or less. Should be close to 2m, 603.9 vs 603.789 for avatar

Edited by MattW

1 hour ago, DAR said:

To sum up EC

8b6069c3a7ca411ff566e3a3c53a697b.jpg

1 hour ago, RichWS said:

EC was a condescending asshole for years but folks gave him a free pass because they wanted those early numbers a few hours earlier than usual. His ban was a long time coming. 

My men speak real. Thanks, boys.

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I had to come back to just post this. I definitely appreciated EC posting numbers and I am annoyed by many around who just instigate folks like EC with their bait, his behavior is definitely not acceptable. I dont think he will function in this setup. So this is it for him here. Now I will go back to my hibernation for a while :-)

I'm struggling to think of people who came off well in the the weekend thread's various kerfuffles. Just embarrassing and aggravating stuff all around. Seems like people wanted to beat a dead horse instead of following Paul Anka's guarantee.

So why did I read somewhere, I think it was on here or maybe it was twitter, that said that Top Gun is now Paramount's highest grossing film. Titanic's original release is definitely going to be passed whether it be today or tomorrow but why aren't they including the re-release numbers that got it up to 660? Kind of feels like the cherry picking a little bit.

18 minutes ago, baumer said:

I don't think he should have gotten two months 

I just want to clarify that he got two months, because this was not his first suspension.

If it had been his first time reaching 10 points, he only would’ve gotten a month.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cap said:

My favorite thing about this, is that if he uses his Twitter to put out new numbers, I’m just gonna post them. We get his info without having to deal with him.

Or, well, someone should since he blocked me. 

I'll post them and pretend they're my numbers so I can get god status. :sparta:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1