Cap

MARVEL STUDIOS PRESENTS SAN DIEGO COMIC CON | THURSDAY: WWE PANEL | FRIDAY: LOTRs | SATURDAY: KEVIN | SUNDAY: BARGAINING SHOPPING | WE'RE BACK, BAY BEE.

They're all likely multiple possible titles for upcoming Films/TV that the studio is claiming until they've fully decided.  (I.E. The Caps are probably multiple options for the same thing, The Avengers the same.)

And LOL on the Russo brothers claiming they haven't talked to Marvel.  They couldn't talk about it...and the trades/other legal buzz have all but confirmed that they have been for a while, and were in fact in negotiations!  

Edited by Macleod

57 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Feige doesn't need to "announce" any of these, the trades already confirmed a while ago that Shang-Chi is officially in development. The others seem farther behind, though everything else here except F4 seems well on the road to heavy development, as well.  But it really all depends on...scripts...and when Marvel/Disney is happy with them.  

Feige will announce Thunderbolts either tomorrow or at D23 as it has not been officially announced & by the announcement of DP3, F4 & CA4 I mean he will talk about these projects first not Shang-Chi sequel.

Edited by Factcheck

2 minutes ago, Macleod said:

They're all likely multiple possible titles for upcoming Films/TV that the studio is claiming until they've fully decided.  (I.E. The Caps are probably multiple options for the same thing, The Avengers the same.)

Likely, but until that's confirmed I'm just gonna let my imagination flow at the possibilities. 

2 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

That line looks excruciating. Hope you brought some books or video games or something lol

OK, while we’re waiting, let’s have a brief discussion about how this line works. It’s more than excruciating. It is the most bullshit, ridiculous, nonsense that we have all agreed to participate in. It’s like some weird social experiment. How far can you push the fans/nerds/geeks before they Hulk out?

And what is so crazy is that the rules are known. Yet every year people still are upset at the outcome.

Because you have to line up on Friday night to get a wristband. And they let out wristbands in groups of a, B, C, D,. And that is to give you a sense of where you are in the line, and how many people are ahead of you. And they only give a wristbands for the capacity of the hall.

They are currently at wristband capacity. They gave them all out last night at like 3 o’clock in the morning. The line was probably a mile and a half long. And there were still people that did not get in.

And then this morning you need to line back up in your letter group.

But the big issue every year is that Comic Con refuses to say if you do not have a wristband, the line is capped, and you’re not getting in.

It’s mostly for crowd control. Because if you can get like 1000 or more people waiting outside that is 1000 less in the building in the exhibit hall floor. 

it’s also because technically people could leave after any of the panels before marvel. But no one does. You either get in at 9 o’clock in the morning for the 5 PM panel, or you don’t get it at all. That’s how this works. That’s how this is worked for half a decade. Like sure, they may be let in 100 or 200 people throughout the day. But that’s nothing. 

In every year we go through the motions of, “put marvel first”. 

But the first thing is that Marvel does not want to go first. They wanna end the show. And also Comic Con doesn’t want the mass exitus of people who would leave after the marvel panel and then not stay for the rest of the programming.

So we’re just kind of stuck in the hell of lineup. In every year they find new in creative ways to fuck up. Like this year, they have totally messed with the ADA line. That line is always a shit show. But apparently this year they only gave out 120 tickets. And yet there was probably like at least 500 people in line in ADA. Usually they’re given A wristbands For the overflow. But they did not do that this year. So it will be a very interesting talk back panel on Sunday when everyone is going to air their grievances. Because there are going to be grievances.

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 2

17 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

Feige will announce Thunderbolts either tomorrow or at D23 as it has not been officially announced & by the announcement of DP3, F4 & CA4 I mean he will talk about these projects first not Shang-Chi sequel.

I don't know why you think Shang-Chi would be getting shafted when it was already publicly confirmed by Disney to the trades back in December last year, and was probably their most well-reviewed, successful movie over the last few years.  But we'll see...like I said, it's all about story, which ones are working for them.  Plus, there's only *one* Shang-Chi title on that rumored title list...if indeed they apply to Marvel features/TV...and the title is *very* specific...indicating they've very possibly settled on the story.  

Yeah. Feige needs to have Shang-Chi 2 as a priority. Come out quicker. 

It was a surprise hit. The reception to the movie and character was exceptional. Feige needs to take advantage ME THINKS. 

The sequel will have a great growth over the 1st at the box office. 

Edited by p a p i
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Macleod said:

I don't know why you think Shang-Chi would be getting shafted when it was already publicly confirmed by Disney to the trades back in December last year, and was probably their most well-reviewed, successful movie over the last few years.  But we'll see...like I said, it's all about story, which ones are working for them.  Plus, there's only *one* Shang-Chi title on that rumored title list...if indeed they apply to Marvel features/TV...and the title is *very* specific...indicating they've very possibly settled on the story.  

When did I say shang-chi2 announcement can't happen? I'm saying he will talk about F4, DP3, CA4 & Thunderbolts first as most of these are confirmed to start filming in 2023, Shang-Chi 2 announcement may or may not happen this year as it is most likely going to release in 2025.

2 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

When did I say shang-chi2 announcement can't happen? I'm saying he will talk about F4, DP3, CA4 & Thunderbolts first as most of these are confirmed to start filming in 2023, Shang-Chi 2 announcement may or may not happen this year as it is most likely going to release in 2025.

OK, we'll agree to disagree...  I think the Shang-Chi sequel is happening waaaaaay before 2025.  

Marvel/Disney will want to capitalize on it.  

Edited by Macleod

Little over an hour until DC. Can't wait to clench my cheeks for Henry throughout the panel only for him to never actually show up. It's honkin' time!

Mr Rogers Clown GIF

Spoiler

Admittedly I'd much prefer a hard reboot which sets up a proper DC universe at this point, but a part of me thinks Henry's potential as Superman hasn't fully been realized and wants him to get another shot. We'll see what happens. At least we're guaranteed a Shazam 2 trailer out of this.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Mr Terrific said:

Not sure where SC2 would go in 2024. 
DP3, CA4, Thunderbolts, FF… and that leaves out next Tom Holland Spider-Man. 

Again...all of these are officially in development...but not dated...yet.  And only Shang-Chi, F4, possibly DP3 have been officially confirmed/announced by Disney/Feige...yet.  Only the trades have confirmed writers/directors.  Shang-Chi will be a priority.  

Edited by Macleod

4 minutes ago, Mr Terrific said:

What’s up with Batgirl? Streaming only still?

Excited for Blue Beetle. Hope it makes next August. 

So far...officially.  But I'd say it's likely to go theatrical.  Simultaneously, at the very least, if not a theatrical lead-in.  Zaslav doesn't seem as hot on HBOMax, going by rumors so far.  Plus...it has KEATON.  

Blue Beetle seems on track.  I can confirm this, as I know someone working on it.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Again...all of these are officially in development...but not dated...yet.  And only Shang-Chi, F4, possibly DP3 have been officially confirmed/announced by Disney/Feige...yet.  Only the trades have confirmed writers/directors.  Shang-Chi will be a priority.  

Wonder Man seems to be priority of Destin Daniel Cretton because as per THR if things crackle camera could be rolling next year.