Sophia Jane

Avatar :The Way of the Water OS thread

7 minutes ago, LPLC said:

Ok sorry I had seen an article that said that and another that said there were 3 billion viewers in the 2018 final but that's probably exaggerated

As it has been mentioned, it is 4 billion viewers combining the 64 matches. Anyway, the most attended sport (and not sport) event by far. It has an effect over everything, not just box office.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, upriser7 said:

that definitely isn't true... world population is around 8 Billion and 3 Billion of them are in India & China where the viewership for the final would be very low due to less interest and late starting time

How is there's low interest in India? In south especially it's crazy 

9 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

final would probably be seen by at max 1-2% of Indian population...so relatively speaking, it's still low interest.

Football is big in East India, Kerala and main cities. In sheer volume, India will likely be among top football following countries. In % of total population, be very low, probably 15% ish.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

Hey guys, since you were talking about the audience for the World Cup final I've seen that in 2014 it was watched by 1 billion people, in 2018 by 1.1 billion and for France-Argentina there was an early estimate of 1.5 billion

Regarding individual countries instead I've seen that it has achieved incredible results such as 30 million in France, 16 million in my country (Italy), a record of 32 million in India only counting digital platforms (https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/media/entertainment/32-million-viewers-tuned-in-for-fifa-wc-final-match-claims-jio-cinema/articleshow/96340708.cms) and about 20/30 million in Usa (waiting for the official numbers)

• Like 1

People want to watch A2 in the BEST available screens , even in my close group - people are willing to wait for 2-3 weeks to see in IMAX 3D rather than watch in a normal screen. A2 will definitely have a long run especially in premium formats.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

opening weekend isn't as good as it could have been, but Avatar performed very strongly in January which is holiday period in most of the world. for A2 competition is very low, so we can't rule out BIG final numbers for it.

you got it,and I’m also expect some re-release in China when the situation totally recovered

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

opening weekend isn't as good as it could have been, but Avatar performed very strongly in January which is holiday period in most of the world. for A2 competition is very low, so we can't rule out BIG final numbers for it.

Is it?

39 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Smaller European markets does BIG. $105M Europe weekend. Full run likely be $550M+.

Overall weekend can come around $307M.

what did NWH do?

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Smaller European markets does BIG. $105M Europe weekend. Full run likely be $550M+.

Overall weekend can come around $307M.

Second biggest opening weekend OF ALL TIME in Romania.

6.305.847 RON ($1.36M), probably over 200K admissions.

COMPS:

2.05 x Doctor Strange 2

1.94 x Spider-Man: No Way Home

1.5 x Avengers: Endgame

Edited by Andreas
  • Like 1