Sophia Jane

Avatar :The Way of the Water OS thread

3 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Update on Japan 

Avatar's SAT Early Trends shows that it will drop by 40-50% on 2nd Weekend

aint that a disaster number for how leggy japan is supposed to be?

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

7 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

most the people who rave about James Cameron in a positive light that i've met in real life have been Indian

You should tell Cameron to visit India for a lecture on movie making or something. He owes it. Indian public is fond of films he has directed and love avatar franchise. 

On 12/22/2022 at 3:07 PM, Bruce said:

I’m waiting for DOM and China get recover(if Japan can do so is better lol),other market is already show its leggy

Hearing France we are looking at 115-150+M.. Wow

SK should be very Leggy as well :), How is itdoing  in China Brother Bruce? 

Is Japan against Avatar or is something going on there? I rem someone posted the leaders didnt like the Whale message in Avatar 2, but have no clue if that was a joke or true??

I hope it can rebound in Japan.. Thats a nice territory for Cameron Epics usually.

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Update

14 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Is Japan against Avatar or is something going on there? I rem someone posted the leaders didnt like the Whale message in Avatar 2, but have no clue if that was a joke or true??

I hope it can rebound in Japan.. Thats a nice territory for Cameron Epics usually.

Japan WOM depends on Moviegoers not Leader from Ruling Party.

29 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Japan WOM depends on Moviegoers not Leader from Ruling Party.

Seems a political block. Could a movie so huge be forgotten by a country that's always supported James Cameron. Looks fishy to me. 🤕

Avatar made like 170mil there in a.much smaller market?

Hopefully it hits at least the 40-50mil  mark . I can't believe TGM made a 100m and A2 is faltering.

No way Avatar 2 should be losing in Japan to a basketball anime. 😂 

Come on A2 at least get 30-40% of Avatars incredible 170m.

Heh. 

2 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Seems a political block. Could a movie so huge be forgotten by a country that's always supported James Cameron. Looks fishy to me. 🤕

Avatar made like 170mil there in a.much smaller market?

Hopefully it hits at least the 40-50mil  mark . I can't believe TGM made a 100m and A2 is faltering.

No way Avatar 2 should be losing in Japan to a basketball anime. 😂 

Come on A2 at least get 30-40% of Avatars incredible 170m.

Heh. 

Things that you are not aware of

1. 3D is no longer popular here since 2012

2. USD-JPY rates are at worst states

3. Japan isn't communist Country. There is free flow of information in/out -side the country.

4. Not a sequel favouring country.

5. Tom Cruise is a big name in Japan. Avatar 2 doesn't have a star cast. Cameron's name can't bring back audiences.

6. Demographics has changed a lot

7. Disney Film likely to get bombed because of their release strategy.

8. Local content are strong and top notch among the moviegoers

• Like 6

Can you imagine if France ends up being up the #1 international market for Avatar? If you'd told that to anyone even as recently as a month ago, they'd have assumed that the movie was banned in China.

When was the last time that France was the biggest international market for a major Hollywood movie?

Edited by Agafin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Agafin said:

Can you imagine if France ends up being up the #1 international market for Avatar? If you'd told that to anyone even as recently as a month ago, they'd have assumed that the movie was banned in China.

When was the last time that France was the biggest international market for a major Hollywood movie?

Cant think of any off the top of my head but it would have happened with Avatar had it not been for the major breakout in China (going 4x the previous biggest film in China).

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

What an utterly embarassing rejection from Japan for Avatar 2. Almost on the level of Josstice League. I really wonder what went wrong. Did Cameron make racist statements against the Japanese?

I mean, this is not the first time the Japanese have utterly rejected a sequel/follow-up. As bad as it is, Avatar's drop is still going to be better than the Hobbit's drop from RotK (-82%) and only slightly worse than Alice through the looking glass. The points given by Isaac Newton are probably all the explanation you need for this failure.  Japanese people have no personal problem with James Cameron as far as know, they were afterall huge fans of his previous movies.