Sophia Jane

Avatar :The Way of the Water OS thread

5 hours ago, WorkingonaName said:

What happened with Disney and Japan? 

Well rumor has it some films have offended them.from marvel and others on the greedy distribution deals. Then of course Cameron does not curb stuff he puts in his film. Japan can muffle your promotions if not pleased or deals with big companies go south. But definitely strange the fall off over there, but I figure the mouse will have to make ammends down the road and then you will see future marvel and avatar films soar mysteriously again even running against the local films. 😉

33 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Well rumor has it some films have offended them.from marvel and others on the greedy distribution deals. Then of course Cameron does not curb stuff he puts in his film. Japan can muffle your promotions if not pleased or deals with big companies go south. But definitely strange the fall off over there, but I figure the mouse will have to make ammends down the road and then you will see future marvel and avatar films soar mysteriously again even running against the local films. 😉

You can be rest assured that said rumour is not true. Japan isn't like china. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/avatar-struggles-show-how-japan-is-ditching-hollywood/2022/12/22/09197536-8234-11ed-8738-ed7217de2775_story.html

But unlike the woes studios face in China, this is no ideological departure. Japan is a free market, with no equivalent of the quota Beijing places on US movies, nor censors stepping in to prevent their release on moral grounds. Neither is it a pandemic phenomenon. Japan is one of the few countries that largely kept cinemas open during the global outbreak

Edited by Nero
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, JustLurking said:

Quick D+ releases in the leggiest market in the world plus their attempts at getting more theatrical revenue from theaters got them boycotted a while ago by a few chains - including the busiest in the country (Toho). The boycott ended a while back but theaters will still drop their films after 30-45 days if they sniff a d+ release, which is a death sentence in Japan. Disney also does same-date releases for basically all their flicks nowadays and Corpse seems to think that's a really bad call to make in Japan, a market that generally benefits from built-in buzz from overseas, but they can't exactly delay them either since they have to put them on d+ (giving up their rights to a local distributor, as many others have done, would solve most of these).

There's probably other reasons, these are the main ones I can think of.

Thanks I knew something is funny. Ticket sales the likes of  Avatar, the fandom and long wait shouldnt translate to falling flat. This explains some things

Any predictions for A2 currently in China and Puss in boots? 

29 minutes ago, Bruce said:

I’m talking about next weekend hold

Oh..lol

Keeping my fingers crossed on great holds next week brother Bruce. But man good news for us in France and SK. Did Germany start well also? Definitely need the other countries to super perform to make up the lows

I still feel we can reach 2b ww

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post

5 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Wow France is really looking like it could be up there with A2s finally total in china and Sk..That's unexpected but hey. I'LL  Take it.

So maybe near or over 900m ww by.Sunday

Let's  Go.Pandora!🏋‍♀️

In normal condition it will do 900m+ by Sunday but you know we have Christmas eve