YM!

Inside Out 2 | June 14, 2024 | Pixar does it again!

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Block-Busted said:

I know that Empire City doesn't have the best reputation, but... what do you think of this overall?

EC will hype up any movie with a pulse as that’s his 9-5 but I’ve also been hearing good things from Charlie’s friends. We should know tonight from reactions but at least can’t see anything below that Elemental-Monsters University range.

Edited by YM!

1 hour ago, AniNate said:

Studios have really tightened the screws the last year on letting out any reaction short of an uncritically glowing blurb ready for a TV spot before their embargo lifts.

All you really need is one glowing blurb now. Then you can quote it 3-4 times in the same 30 second ad by splicing a few words at a time. I can already see the ad being made from EmpireCity's tweet:

"On June 14, watch the movie people have been calling"

"FANTASTIC" - @EmpireCityBO

"...the very best Pixar has ever done" - @EmpireCityBO

"People are going to fall in love with this movie" - @EmpireCityBO

"Disney and Pixar's Inside Out 2"

"onlyintheatersjunefourteen"

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, PNF2187 said:

All you really need is one glowing blurb now. Then you can quote it 3-4 times in the same 30 second ad by splicing a few words at a time. I can already see the ad being made from EmpireCity's tweet:

"On June 14, watch the movie people have been calling"

"FANTASTIC" - @EmpireCityBO

"...the very best Pixar has ever done" - @EmpireCityBO

"People are going to fall in love with this movie" - @EmpireCityBO

"Disney and Pixar's Inside Out 2"

"onlyintheatersjunefourteen"

I got news for you. Cherry Picking from reviews to make it look like it is getting a better reception then it actually is has been going on forever. Standard tactics the studios used in the 1930's. Internet angle is only thing new.

• Like 1

Looks like most of the Big Names are still waiting until they file out of the premiere, and I've been trying to stick to names I either recognize or are RT approved, but looks to be very good so far.

Yeah, still not many big names and I hate searching Twitter via [REDACTED] so I'll let others take over from here.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

95% and 8/10 should happen. Let us see if this boosts presales tomorrow. 

I'd probably wait a tick until on that until I see some more reactions from established folks, but I do think this being only borderline fresh can be safely tossed out.  80s RT could still happen if this is an unrepresentative sampling of less hard-ass critics. 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I'd probably wait a tick until on that until I see some more reactions from established folks, but I do think this being only borderline fresh can be safely tossed out.  80s RT could still happen if this is an unrepresentative sampling of less hard-ass critics. 

Honestly, all this needs to become successful enough is to be just another average Pixar film at worst (kind of like Onward, if you will). That's all I'm asking.