YM!

Wish | Walt Disney Animation Studios | November 22, 2023 | Chris Pine plays a baddie DILF, new trailer has dropped, reactions are reactions

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

I will reiterate something i have done many times before. Theater counts are mostly irrelevant. Show count matters. Most of the box office is smaller % of theaters. it follows 80/20 rule. If Wish disappoints it wont be due to theater count. 

Yeah I'm agree Show Count is the most important and also Wish has more competition than the other

If you play with Theater Count :

Encanto : 3980 , 5 movies with more than 3000 ( Eternals , Ghostbusters, House of Gucci, Clifford and King Richard) , 6 with more than 2000 ( 5 other + Resident Evil) , 4 with more than 10M OW , the first three movies than i mentionned + Encanto

Strange World : 4174 , 7 movies with more than 2000 ( Black Panther 2 , Devotion, The Menu, Black Adam, Bones and All, She Said and Ticket to Paradise) , 3 with more than 3000 ( BP 2, Devotion , The Menu) , 2 with more than 10M OW, BP 2 and SW

Wish : around 3700 ( he will finish with around 3850-3900 i think ) , 6 or 7 movies with more than 2000 ( HG, Trolls 3 , The Marvels, Next Goal Wins, Thanksgiving , Napoleon and maybe ,if he not falls down, FNAF) , 5 movies with more than 3000 ( Thanksgiving, The Marvels, Napoleon, HG, Trolls 3) , 4 probably with more than 10 OW , HG, Trolls 3 , Napoelon and Wish

33 minutes ago, Block-Busted said:

So what are your RottenTomatoes rating and average score predictions for this? I'm guessing 2% with 2.0/10 average based on the fact that there are at least 5 negative reviews posted about this on Twitter. It also doesn't help that Netflix is releasing Leo, starring Adam Sandler, which is looking to get 75% on RottenTomatoes with 6.5/10 average.

I think around the same as Elemental , around 75% and with a 6-6,5/10 average

• Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

What Are You Talking About Harrison Ford GIF by Star Wars

As mentioned in Page 33 of this thread, legitimate critics' screening for Wish on November 15 yielded in overwhelmingly negative reviews:

Unlike "critics" who have seen this film in November 8 and gave the film positive reviews, these guys are legit critics with the review at the bottom being posted by someone who is registered on RottenTomatoes. It also doesn't help that the film is getting extremely negative reviews on Letterboxd already:

https://letterboxd.com/film/wish-2023/

There's another problem - the film shares a similar release date with a Netflix animated film called Leo, starring Adam Sandler. If you're wondering what that is, here's the trailer for it:

Admittedly, one review that talks about the film also trashed the film:

But remember, this is only one guy talking negatively about Leo and even then, literally every criticisms that this guy made towards that film applies even worse to Wish. As I've said, I predict that Leo will get 75% on RottenTomatoes with 6.5/10 average and Wish will get 2% on RottenTomatoes with 2.0/10 average. At least Leo has great-looking animation while Wish has an animation quality that is on par with Norm of the North at best and Foodfight! at worst

If Wish somehow either gets RottenTomatoes rating of 80% or more or RottenTomatoes average score of 7.1/10 or more, I will watch that film at least twice - once in 3D (which I was planning to do anyway) and once in 2D.

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

6 minutes ago, Block-Busted said:

As mentioned in Page 33 of this thread, legitimate critics' screening for Wish on November 15 yielded in overwhelmingly negative reviews:

Unlike "critics" who have seen this film in November 8 and gave the film positive reviews, these guys are legit critics with the review at the bottom being posted by someone who is registered on RottenTomatoes. It also doesn't help that the film is getting extremely negative reviews on Letterboxd already:

https://letterboxd.com/film/wish-2023/

There's another problem - the film shares a similar release date with a Netflix animated film called Leo, starring Adam Sandler. If you're wondering what that is, here's the trailer for it:

Admittedly, one review that talks about the film also trashed the film:

But remember, this is only one guy talking negatively about Leo and even then, literally every criticisms that this guy made towards that film applies even worse to Wish. As I've said, I predict that Leo will get 75% on RottenTomatoes with 6.5/10 average and Wish will get 2% on RottenTomatoes with 2.0/10 average. At least Leo has great-looking animation while Wish has an animation quality that is on par with Norm of the North at best and Foodfight! at worst

If Wish somehow either gets RottenTomatoes rating of 80% or more or RottenTomatoes average score of 7.1/10 or more, I will watch that film at least twice - once in 3D (which I was planning to do anyway) and once in 2D.

my brother in christ, I did not think the 2% comment was serious

but now I'm more like

what on earth are you on about

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

On 11/16/2023 at 4:14 AM, lab276 said:

I'm not sure I'm on the same wavelength as critics when it comes to recent Disney and Pixar movies, when decidedly mediocre movies like Raya and Encanto get in the 90s, but Elemental only gets to 74%.

eh. It all evens out. Elemental caught on with audiences even with middling reviews. It does seem suspect to me that Disney movies commonly get over 90% on RT though.

The one time I really am mystified though is when Ralph Breaks the Internet got such good reviews... that movie was dreadful. 88% positive and a 7.3/10 average though;

• Like 1