YM!

Ticket to Paradise Weekend Thread (and also Black Adam): Adam 67 (Rock's biggest leading debut), Paradise 16.3, Smile 8.3, Halloween 8 (80% drop!), Lyle 4.2 | Banshees 45K PTA, second-best of the year

1 hour ago, TigerPaw said:

To be fair no one knew know Thor: Love and Thunder would be such a terrible film...

WB might have imagined that would have legs and gross a billion

I mean release dates and competition is part of the game; if Shazam opened in Dec instead of March 2019 - it might have easily done 600m worldwide..

It is what it is; let's see how BA does.

Black Adam kinda has a free run now...the next 3 weeks are pretty empty til WF...and if that underperforms, Black Adam has almost a free path til Avatar 2...

• Astonished 1

I think a part of Halloween Ends's underperformance is just franchise fatigue. 

It's the third film in about 5 years and came out just one year after Kills

A lot of comments under the trailer are "another one?"

Plus, it's performing very well on Peacock.. so I'm sure there's a lot of "I heard it sucks" so why pay

The series needs to take a rest until at least 2028 (50th anniversary)

Edited by motionpic05
  • Like 1

I didn’t realise Shazam had an opening weekend of 128 million (159 including China). That’s very good for a movie with no real big stars.

Black Adam opening with 140 globally with the Rock at the helm, seems a bit disappointing imo.

This is basically DC’s eternals in terms of interest and budget. Both 200m costing monsters that are going to lose a ton of money but generally well received by the small audiences who went to go see it. People can sugar coat it all they want but it’s still a flop for Warner Bros, they introduced a new character in a splintered universe of there own making. Did they really expect more than 67m opening based on it just being Dwayne Johnson?

Edited by VENOM
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, VENOM said:

It’s not making its money back if OS is only 5 million above DOM. Maybe WB’s will finally start listening to what the fans want since the media isn’t on there side either with reviews and this 200m experiment hasn’t worked out.

You hate this movie or what. Haha.

Let's see whether it opens in China; hoping for Mid November cause there is a drought of movies there.

I think it will do very well there if it manages to get a date

People aren't talking enough about how underwhelming The Woman King's run ended up being. It will end up just over 65M DOM and OS it was a non-starter, and all of this in a 50M budget. Bad numbers tbh.

Black Adam with that 200M budget isn't looking great either. 400M WW seems like the end goal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VENOM said:

This is basically DC’s eternals in terms of interest and budget. Both going to lose a ton of money but generally well received by the small audiences who went to go see it. People can sugar coat it all they want but it’s still a flop for Warner Bros, they introduced a new character in a splintered universe of there own making. Did they really expect more than 67m opening based on it just being Dwayne Johnson?

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

People aren't talking enough about how underwhelming The Woman King's run ended up being. It will end up just over 65M DOM and OS it was a non-starter, and all of this in a 50M budget. Bad numbers tbh.

It wasn't a breakout, but it did respectable in the end. I was worried before it came out it would pull a Widows.

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Black Adam kinda has a free run now...the next 3 weeks are pretty empty til WF...and if that underperforms, Black Adam has almost a free path til Avatar 2...

Even if WF only opens to 125m it's still going to cut into BA's legs.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

You hate this movie or what. Haha.

Let's see whether it opens in China; hoping for Mid November cause there is a drought of movies there.

I think it will do very well there if it manages to get a date

Why does it always have to be black and white with people.. it’s either you love something or you hate it and are a troll. People need to learn nuance, just because my opinion doesn’t match perfectly with yours doesn’t mean I hate anything. If you want to ask me what i think of the movie itself it’s an ok action movie dont hate it don’t love it.. happy?

Edited by VENOM

2 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

Shazam!   159m (30,4m from china)

73m for black adam vs 76m for shazam

2.38x legs for shazam

this should have better legs and probably the actuals will come a little higher

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Black Adam with that 200M budget isn't looking great either. 400M WW seems like the end goal.

Woman King didn't really get a worldwide release though.

Just now, AnDr3s said:

73m for black adam vs 76m for shazam

2.38x legs for shazam

this should have better legs and probably the actuals will come a little higher

Shazam had Endgame arround the same time as BA has WF