YM!

Ticket to Paradise Weekend Thread (and also Black Adam): Adam 67 (Rock's biggest leading debut), Paradise 16.3, Smile 8.3, Halloween 8 (80% drop!), Lyle 4.2 | Banshees 45K PTA, second-best of the year

8 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

Are we thinking there's any chance BA goes under estimates, or do we feel there's only room to grow? I'm banking on a $68-68.5m opening when all is said and done.

I think that the House of the Dragon finale tonight may shave a few % points off the evening shows, so it wouldn't shock me if it went slightly under. 

4 minutes ago, A Star is Delayed said:

I think that the House of the Dragon finale tonight may shave a few % points off the evening shows, so it wouldn't shock me if it went slightly under. 

Ahh the return of the Game of Thrones effect! I myself am excited for the finale! Team Black!! 

28 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

August next year doesn't look bad, the main reason to move BB is that WB already has an August tentpole with The Meg 2 whereas they have nothing in October.

I say leave Meg 2 in August, put Blue Beetle in September (for Hispanic Heritage month, plus Shang Chi and It proved September can have blockbusters too), then move Nun 2 to October… you’re welcome WB! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

August next year doesn't look bad, the main reason to move BB is that WB already has an August tentpole with The Meg 2 whereas they have nothing in October.

Ahhh, I forgot about the Meg sequel. Yeah, if nothing else that will for sure have at least a big OW.

8 hours ago, CJohn said:

People aren't talking enough about how underwhelming The Woman King's run ended up being. It will end up just over 65M DOM and OS it was a non-starter, and all of this in a 50M budget. Bad numbers tbh.

Black Adam with that 200M budget isn't looking great either. 400M WW seems like the end goal.

Actuals:

5.1M// 17.35M true

weekdays 6.1M // 25.15M cume, 23.45M True OWeek

weekdays 35% True OWeek

Finishing 68ish, for a ~2.8x True OWeek multi

Basically exactly as it looked when we got the CS OD

OS and budget do make it kind of meh, but better than a big money loser I guess.

Edited by Legion By Night

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

thread is low energy

its up to Black Panther and Avatar to make the forums great again

The forum is dead. Bury it. The days of 300+ pages threads are over. The glory days of BvS will never return.

I liked Moonfall. I liked Doninion. I liked Death on the Nile.

I could not like Black Adam. Man.... at least the action scenes were great. Didn't care for the message either, especially in wake of the Russian Invasion of Ukraine.

Nobody clapped during the movie, and the theater was mostly empty.

But again, I loved the action scenes, and would see a sequel.

As for as this year's CBM's, Batman and Dr. Strange 2 were much better imo, I really enjoyed those two.

11 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Your budget does not include print and advertising budget which could be 100-150 for a movie with 200m budget. That would push breakeven point much higher. Other things that can reduce profit would be if any of the people involved (actors, director, etc) have a deal to receive a percentage of gross or profit. On the other hand a movie earns revenue from other sources other than theatrical such as PVOD/SVOD, BluRay and DVD, streaming, etc which will push theatrical breakeven point lower. 

Another big revenue stream for comic book movies is merchandise. No idea how well Black Adam will do in that regard.

Same is true for kids movies. Pixar could hand out tickets for free and still make billions from their most popular franchises. 

48 minutes ago, stripe said:

So many stories this weekend, but for me the most important is that Top Gun Maverick finally felt out of the top10 in its 22nd weekend.

Incredible run that sadly comes to an end

are you sure it will be out of the top 10 even after the final numbers come in?

It has a great record of bouncing back in final numbers.