Eric Duncan

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***DID WE MENTION SPOILERS?????***

6 hours ago, dudalb said:

SO Killraven was not resurrected, as was wildly rumored?

That was a rumor?

The full plot of the movie leaked months ago (I watched a few days ago and can confirm) and we knew he would come back via the Ancestor's Plane a long time ago.

16 hours ago, Wormow said:

That was a rumor?

The full plot of the movie leaked months ago (I watched a few days ago and can confirm) and we knew he would come back via the Ancestor's Plane a long time ago.

Are you saying the plot leak from July is true? Because I actually liked it. The only thing I was hoping for was a bigger role for Attuma who SHOULD be the Thanos to Namor. I was hoping he'd be the one setting things up.

48 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Are you saying the plot leak from July is true? Because I actually liked it. The only thing I was hoping for was a bigger role for Attuma who SHOULD be the Thanos to Namor. I was hoping he'd be the one setting things up.

SO no Attuma? Which is stange since Attuma is Namor' arch enemy; His Joker, his Professor Moriarty.

35 minutes ago, dudalb said:

SO no Attuma? Which is stange since Attuma is Namor' arch enemy; His Joker, his Professor Moriarty.

He's in it. Just apparently not the role we'd expect. However, that could just mean that we could see a Namor solo movie where Attuma tries to take control.  Or maybe Attuma joins up with Doom at some point in a secret alliance. Supposedly, Attuma is really cool in this. But not sure of his fate or if he lives. That is not mentioned.

Is it safe to talk about credit scenes in this thread?

Alrighty, so here it goes. I had a question about

the age of T'challa's son. I'm assuming he's a small child. So, sure, that means there's hope for another Black Panther like T'challa (I've even heard rumors that he's got the same name). But damn, they will either have to jump ahead 15 years or more or build the HELL out of this series to even hope to get there. It's what I wanted to see before I even heard it was happening, but never thought about the complication of time.

Edited by jedijake

3 hours ago, jedijake said:

Alrighty, so here it goes. I had a question about

Hide contents

the age of T'challa's son. I'm assuming he's a small child. So, sure, that means there's hope for another Black Panther like T'challa (I've even heard rumors that he's got the same name). But damn, they will either have to jump ahead 15 years or more or build the HELL out of this series to even hope to get there. It's what I wanted to see before I even heard it was happening, but never thought about the complication of time.

Spoiler

Prince T'Challa is about 5 years old. I have no idea how Marvel will get him to take up the mantle in the near future.

19 minutes ago, LVB said:

Hide contents

Prince T'Challa is about 5 years old. I have no idea how Marvel will get him to take up the mantle in the near future.

Here's a theory of my own creation.

they have him, along with someone else, go back in time somehow for some reason 20 years. Maybe a Kang thing or a Secret Wars thing. Then, instead of just returning, he pulls a Cap. Or maybe he's captured as the future king by, say, Doom. Then he escapes and is who knows where for 15-20 years before returning to Wakanda. There are ways they can do this. What they did with Thanos in Endgame was absolutely GENIUS by having him see his own future through future Nebula.{/spoiler]

Wanted to post this sooner, but it was 11 when I got home and I had to go to work in the morning. Anyways, general spoiler thoughts...

-Shuri and Namor are for sure the best parts of the film. I love seeing them interact, I love their character arcs throughout the movie, and I feel this will convert a lot of naysayers who really hate Shuri as Black Panther.

-The stuff with Namor was excellent. The actor had a couple off line readings here and there, but he was intimidating and I loved his backstory and character and his understandable motivations. He's no Killmonger, but he's still both a fun threat and an interesting figure.

-Speaking of Killmonger, that was such an amazing surprise to see him in the ancestral plane. Was kind of perfect honestly to really show Shuri's conflict and understanding of who she is supposed to be.

-Angela Bassett for the BOFFY. Fuck y'all

-This sadly does have the classic MCU problem of "We're letting our directors have total control...but not too much! Need to set up crap for the other movies!". Riri's alright and I like the actress, but she feels kind of out of place in the story and the way she introduced is really rushed and sluggish. Feel like there was a better way to put her in the narrative if they had to introduce her for that spin-off show I'll never watch.

-The stuff with Agent Ross was also a bit of a bore. Always fun to see JLD, but you didn't really need them either.

-But honestly, this might be the best ending to a Marvel movie ever? The climax is absolutely epic, with the Shuri-Namor stand-off being absolutely amazing. Both in the raw energy between the two actors and the almost final blow, before Shuri realized they were two sides of the same coin. It's absolutely perfect. If anything, it elevates a good film to something great.

-And yeah, those final moments are incredible. The Chadwick montage, the Rihanna song, and just seeing Prince T'Challa...just the perfect ending.

-I really hope btw that this "Prince T'Challa" thing isn't a set-up for future movies and that he'll be the new Black Panther. I just want this to be a nice scene of closure and nothing more and having this be future set-up kind of robs it of its purity. That's sadly what they'll do though. 🙄

But yeah, great film. Chadwick would be proud.

• Like 5

I was prepared to mourn T’Challa and Chadwick, but I was not expecting Queen Ramonda’s death. That was like a gut punch especially with how she was in the first half. I just didn’t expect Marvel to kill off any other major characters I guess. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jedijake said:

@Eric KillmongerWait, so you don't want T'Challa's son to become BP someday? I thought that was not only a given, but the perfect way to continue the legacy and actually recast T'Challa without recasting T'challa.

...yeah. That's why I said I don't want that.

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1