Eric Prime

THE OFFICIAL BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER WEEKEND THREAD | 181M OW

3 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Multiverse of Madness doing only 955 isn't peak MCU, it's Peak DCEU. Last time a movie which opened over 160 million and missed 1 Billion was Batman vs Superman, and that's the club Dr Strange has joined

MoM wasn't released in China, Russia, Ukraine and most of the Middle East, though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So MCU trend of standalone sequels Opening Weekend increasing is going to end with Black Panther 2, and i think even Marvels will open less than Captain Marvel.

Disappointing performance by BP 2 despite having glorious reviews and spectacular audience reception, should've done 200+ opening weekend at minimum.

Opening weekend less than Dr Strange which got poor reception is just not good enough.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Disbelief 5

Think BPWF needed a $60M Sat to get into the $187-$190 range (ahead of MoM)

With a solid sub-30% Sun, looking at low to mid $180s

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LVB said:

MoM wasn't released in China, Russia, Ukraine and most of the Middle East, though.

MoM wasn't released in these places in the opening weekend too.

It did 450 million opening weekend, that's not an excuse, 1 Billion was there for the taking easily, just the movie wasn't good at all.

Infact weekend itself would've been close to 500 million if movie was good, with Domestic itself going over 200.

• Like 1

Just now, THUNDER BIRD said:

MoM wasn't released in these places in the opening weekend too.

It did 450 million opening weekend, that's not an excuse, 1 Billion was there for the taking easily, just the movie wasn't good at all.

Infact weekend itself would've been close to 500 million if movie was good, with Domestic itself going over 200.

But that's the reason the film joined that "club."

If MoM had been released in the same markets in which BvS was released, it would've reached $1B.

• Like 2

Just now, LVB said:

But that's the reason the film joined that "club."

If MoM had been released in the same markets in which BvS was released, it would've reached $1B.

The markets weren't the problem, movie was.

It did 955 million, it certainly would not have needed those markets to join 1 billion. It just needed to be actually a good movie.

2 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

The markets weren't the problem, movie was.

It did 955 million, it certainly would not have needed those markets to join 1 billion. It just needed to be actually a good movie.

I mean, yeah, obviously with a better reception the film would've made more money. 

I'm just saying that had it been released in all markets, it wouldn't be in the same club as BvS, which is also true.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Legion By Night said:

Want to see other sats to get a sense of this being a strong marvel sat vs a weak vet effect — various holidays have sometimes been muted post-pandemic.

Gotta say, the rest of the Friday numbers didn’t look all that weak (but agree want to see the jumps for everything else to get a sense of expected vs result)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

So MCU trend of standalone sequels Opening Weekend increasing is going to end with Black Panther 2, and i think even Marvels will open less than Captain Marvel.

Disappointing performance by BP 2 despite having glorious reviews and spectacular audience reception, should've done 200+ opening weekend at minimum.

Opening weekend less than Dr Strange which got poor reception is just not good enough.

Somebody alert the village, the idiot is missing.

• Haha 7

I think WF opening is good. I always felt after Boseman passed this would decrease. This wasn't another Ledger thing where the actor was in the movie. If this pulls AoU numbers, I think it's a huge success for a movie that managed it without its lead. 

• Like 1