Eric Prime

THE OFFICIAL BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER WEEKEND THREAD | 181M OW

37 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Imagine if BP2 was the Christmas holiday release. The conversation would be VERY different in terms of where the MCU stood. Just sayin'. Is there a reason why BP2 can't leg it out like Shang Chi?

Yeah I was thinking about this too. It would have cleaned up. Then again, what major tentpole doesn't clean up in that slot? The pre-Christmas weekend is pretty much THE #1 covered real estate on the calendar. Studios want it more than any summer date. 

Memorial Day weekend might be back in the mix though.

• Like 1

So how many months does MCU hold the OW record?

February - Black Panther (202m)

April - Endgame (357m)

May - Avengers (207m)

November - Wakanda Forever (181m)

December - No Way Home (260m)

DC has...

August - Suicide Squad (133m)

October - Joker (96m)

Disney also has...

March - Beauty and the Beast (174m)

July - The Lion King (191m)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So how many months does MCU hold the OW record?

February - Black Panther (202m)

April - Endgame (357m)

May - Avengers (207m)

November - Wakanda Forever (181m)

December - No Way Home (260m)

DC has...

August - Suicide Squad (133m)

October - Joker (96m)

Disney also has...

March - Beauty and the Beast (174m)

July - The Lion King (191m)

Warner Bros also has January (American Sniper) and September (It). And Universal is the lone wolf with June (Jurassic World).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Warner Bros also has January (American Sniper) and September (It). And Universal is the lone wolf with June (Jurassic World).

January and October left as the only month's without a $100m opener 🤔 funny how April went from being the lowest 15 years ago at around 40m, now its an unassailable target

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

If Deadpool 3 stays in place, it will destroy the September record.

4 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

January and October left as the only month's without a $100m opener 🤔 funny how April went from being the lowest 15 years ago at around 40m, now its an unassailable target

Joker 2 should be able to break $100 million for October.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, K'uk'ulkan XXR said:

If Deadpool 3 stays in place, it will destroy the September record.

Joker 2 should be able to break $100 million for October.

I´m pretty sure Deadpool has already been moved to November. Blade is releasing in September now.

33 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Sony has January. American Sniper shouldn't count.

• ...wtf 1

I just rewatched The Dark Knight and it isnt even funny how much better that movie is than literally everything that came out after it in the superhero genre.

This is no swing at other movies, dont get me wrong. Im just baffled right now, i didnt remember how perfect TDK is, its unfair honestly.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Eric Killmonger said:

Sony has January. American Sniper shouldn't count.

Why not? The weekend records are based on wide opening weekends. January 16 was indeed the wide opening for American Sniper.

Edited by Verrows
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

They will never get June. June is the good month, the holy month.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Yep, but as we know those untouchable April weekends only exist because 2 classic Marvel May events were moved up a week due to spoiler prevention. Not that it changes anything though. Endgame released in April and does indeed hold the April record.

1 minute ago, Eric Killmonger said:

Because it didn't come out in January. Simple as that.

Agree to disagree I guess. Like I said, the records are based on wide openings, and American Sniper opened wide in January. It was in 4 theatres before that. 🤣