Eric Prime

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

3 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Not sure about that.

But, ever since pandemic started - Disney film are struggling with their release strategy in Japan. You can't even book advance tickets before 48 hrs. Theatre are allocated 72 hrs before release date. Really in terrible shape because of their 45 days Theatrical exclusive strategy 

Isn't that same for WB also? 45 days strategy I mean 

Edited by Nero

The first Guardians.   But I caught a few minutes of Iron Man again .  It was kind of refreshing to watch a film that wasn’t concerned with cosmic realms or multiverses or thirty characters on screen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Out of curiosity, what is your favourite MCU movie?

1. Avengers: Endgame

2. Captain America: Civil War

3. Spider-Man: No Way Home

4. Iron Man

5. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

My top 2 and 3 varies depending on my mood. Virtual tie between those two. I still need more time to process Wakanda Forever, because at first I was sure that I liked better than the first Black Panther despite how heartbreaking not having T’Challa around for that film, but still didn’t break my top 10. But I just can’t stop thinking about that film. I will try to come up with an updated MCU film list before the end of the year. Between No Way Home, Wakanda Forever, She-Hulk, Werewolf By Midnight and Ms. Marvel I feel spoiled as fuck this year. Might be controversial, but after WF it cemented my Phase ranking like this:

Phase 3

Phase 4

Phase 1

Phase 2

• Like 1

Just now, DAR said:

The first Guardians.   But I caught a few minutes of Iron Man again .  It was kind of refreshing to watch a film that wasn’t concerned with cosmic realms or multiverses or thirty characters on screen.

Mostly the trilogies and standalone movies are independent (maybe an extra one or two superhero gets added)

It was specifically big team up movies which had many characters. Even then it wasn't until IW and engame those two only had more characters (30 or more)

1 minute ago, Issac Newton said:

Na, they also produce Japanese Live-action film along with the distribution of Foreign works. HBO Max is not available in Japan 

Oh. So Japan doesn't have other streaming platform from studios like peacock, paramount+ ?

8 minutes ago, DAR said:

The top 2 nonRussos

Which is to say, 5th and 6th 😛 

Edited by Korra Legion

1 minute ago, Korra Legion said:

Endgame

TA

NWH

DOM it’s more like Endgame BP TA NWH

Hmm why TA above NWH? I don't think anyone thought NWH would reach those WW numbers. If it was released in China it would have been #3rd WW.

I’m surprised at how little people are talking about how much the novelty of 3D added to the legs of the first one, and how the second just doesn’t have that luxury. Yeah we all know 3D failed miserably in the months/years afterwards, but it really was one of the (many) draws at the time. It was enough to pique my curiosity. 

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Nero said:

Hmm why TA above NWH? I don't think anyone thought NWH would reach those WW numbers. If it was released in China it would have been #3rd WW.

I don't think anyone saw $1.5b for TA1 coming either given how MCU Phase One generally performed.