Eric Prime

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

Just now, M37 said:

Still where I’m at for the weekend fwiw, Friday looks to be on target, Saturday a decent range of outcomes for this size of opening 

Also, has anyone gotten bingo yet? 😂

Menor went all Pokémon on that bingo board

I would love to call AM trilogy the best so far walking out of the theater this feb but the trailer gave me a little nervous vibes. TWS>AM&tW>am1>TFA for me (all great though) so AM&TW2 would have to be essentially CW tier which is a huge pull.

Edited by Korra Legion

1 minute ago, Korra Legion said:

I would love to call AM trilogy the best walking out of the theater this feb but the trailer gave me a little nervous vibes

AM would be very fun trilogy. Maybe little underrated 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nero said:

40?

Should get that easily IMO. Question is more how much above $40 it goes. Can make a case for +20%/25% given the advance sales, though I would prob take the under 

1 minute ago, Menor Reborn said:

Spidey is top for me atm. But Guardians should take the crown in May, BP will have a chance for me with 3rd film, though would be hard to necessarily call that a character trilogy as opposed to a general Wakanda trilogy. 

I’m hyped as fuck for a Black Panther sequel too, love the direction they are going with given the circumstances. Not recasting T’Challa was always the right move, I remember going out of theater cursing the fuck out all the people that I had to argue the last two years that recasting T’Challa would be an awful call.  Also give me a Namor film. I love Momoa’s Aquaman but Huerta’s Namor is my boy and I feel like we have our very first MCU full blown anti-hero in the big screen (Punisher counts, but that was Netflix). Huerta, Basset and Wright acted the fuck out of that film, I fully expect at very least a supporting role nom for Angela.

• Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, Chaz said:

This movie decreasing from the first is the most unsurprising box office result in a long time. $500 million+ is a super result for it, tbh. I didn’t think it would even make that much.

I mean, Jim could surprise us again in terms of staying power. There's not much else out this holiday season, and then we're going to begin 2023 with a rather grim looking January.

• Like 1

Cap's is the best trilogy because it's the worst 'trilogy' in the sense that you can't just watch those three and know what's going on.  

It's so funny to think about that person that ONLY watched those movies and nothing else and just being utterly confused at Civil War.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Andreas said:

People discussing the MCU in the last 5 pages of Avatar's OW thread.

This is the nightmare scenario for Jim's fans...

What can people do if the Cameron fans go into exile 😫😣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I mean, Jim could surprise us again in terms of staying power. There's not much else out this holiday season, and then we're going to begin 2023 with a rather grim looking January.

M3GAN would like a word.

• Like 1