Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

1 minute ago, marveldcfox said:

My personal feelings aside about the quality of the movie, I hope it rakes in as much as it can and makes things interesting for top spot at domestic box office this year. I dont want a boring run.

Now your talking.

I need the fans and numbers to bring some heat to our winged wonder. We need some excitement here between  Tom Cruise Help GIF by MOODMANthe best films.of the year..

Come on A2 turn it up.

Pandorians...We need you to...

5 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Yup. It's absolutely a visual medium. I'd say the story more or less falls in right maybe even a bit below the line for the average, run of the mill story in blockbusters today. I'd say the characters save a select are much duller than that though... For me at least. So while the wonderful 3D pulls me in, not much else does. Hopefully the craziness implied with 3rd and 4th means they're going to jettison some characters for new, more compelling ones by uprooting the plot in some spots. 

The problem is, people act like this movie gotten terrible reception. Come on, Avatar 2 ticket price costs more than your average tentpole yet it still pull people into theater and develop healthy legs almost everywhere. If the main take away is visual and 3D then so what?! 97% of the movie released in the past 24 months gave me nothing after come out from theater.

32 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Yes, definitely. A3 will drop everywhere except china and maybe europe.

Wife did not like the movie at all. She found it boring and incomplete. She says the visuals are not enough to spend so much to watch the movie.

If emotions are an 8/10, how were those emotions elicited if everything else besides visuals was trash to you? Surely such strong emotions came at least somewhat from characters, themes, etc.?

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

3 as well he said it’s an escalation.

I think 3 is just a continuation from 2nd since it was a single which was split. Although Zoe mentions that she likes 3rd movie better than 2nd

1 hour ago, stripe said:

32M Monday would be nice.

Let's guess

24M Tuesday

21M Wednesday

20M Thursday

23.5M Friday

16M Saturday

22.5M Sunday

19M Monday

That would be 146M for the rest of Holidays. Around 430M. From there, it wouldnt surprise me to see Avatar 2 grossing another 170M

Maybe I am a bit optimistic with these numbers?

Probably veering into the overly optimistic but still plausible territory. I have the expected range at  roughly -5% to +10% of RO for the holiday period, so ~$117 to $135M for this specific period; your numbers would be more than +18% over. And only like $2M shy of what NWH made from Xmas through NYD last year

Wednesday is really the day I'm watching, seeing if/how much Avatwo can best the $18M for RO, and calibrate the baseline heading into the weekend. Even $20M is a big win, $21M is probably a stretch ... but we'll see

Edited by M37

The people expecting very radicaly different plot structure calm yourselfs:

https://theplaylist.net/james-cameron-avatar-script-writing-20210402/k7ubIGn.png

Plus there were some supposed leaks from r/pandoraleaks wich said each film would work as standalone and have simmilar plot structure with some differents things, is a rummor so take it with a graim of salt.

Still the Avatar movies as of now are well constructed. 

29 minutes ago, HangSolo said:

It’s 3rd. And the crazy thing is rendering 9 hour long footages before editing.

https://www.joblo.com/avatar-4-nuts/

Speaking with Collider, Cameron said, “I can’t tell you the details, but all I can say is that when I turned in the script for 2, the studio gave me three pages of notes. And when I turned in the script for 3, they gave me a page of notes, so I was getting better. When I turned in the script for 4, the studio executive, creative executive over the films wrote me an email that said, ‘Holy f*ck.’ And I said, ‘Well, where are the notes?’ And she said, ‘Those are the notes.’ Because it kind of goes nuts in a good way, right?

• Like 1

The Avatar plots so far are well made and structured in a good way, so, what are you people expecting? 

2nd why with every non MCU franchise fan have to compare themselfs to the MCU. As someone who likes Avatar  the MCU is good, there is no need for comparison, both are different, the MCU movies are not bad at all and neither the Avatar ones. 

One of the A2 biggest problem is the movie feel incomplete. And yes, JC deliver two great sequels like T2 and Aliens but he directed those two movies like they are the finale of the franchise. Unlike A2, which basically is a "in-between" story that something JC has never done before until now.  

• Thanks 1