Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

What was everyone's 3 favorite opening weekend threads?

I think mine was Endgame, The Force Awakens, and Deadpool.

Infinity War/Black Panther - for the fact that the numbers kept increasing and increasing with each update

Endgame - probably my fav

BvS - for the meltdowns

1 hour ago, fmpro said:

lol… what… How can he still be here if he did that(under a different name i think,Maybe)?

Yeah he is still here, posting actively in this very thread lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grey ghost said:

What was everyone's 3 favorite opening weekend threads?

I think mine was Endgame, The Force Awakens, and Deadpool.

I like when movies smash expectations, so these come to mind:

American Sniper

It

Get Out

Also, Avengers: Age of Ultron, for all the freakouts that the numbers were lower than the first one and debates over how much the big boxing PPV that weekend  cut into the OW.

30 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Any hopes at all for a bounce back today? My theaters were very very crowded, and it is freezing so bad in Florida the iguanas are falling from trees.

Had no idea that was a thing until this weekend! It sounds like something a person would make up based on a steady stream of "Florida Man" stories. Someone needs to make a Killer Frozen Iguana horror movie.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

35 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Any hopes at all for a bounce back today? My theaters were very very crowded, and it is freezing so bad in Florida the iguanas are falling from trees.

I don't want to overhype things but it's looking very good so far where I'm tracking. Would guess this is the first day where it really blows past RO.

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Infinity War/Black Panther - for the fact that the numbers kept increasing and increasing with each update

Endgame - probably my fav

BvS - for the meltdowns

Yeah he is still here, posting actively in this very thread lol

Yeps. He does 🤫

23 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Maybe movie theaters have a chance of survival in the coming decade(s) if Hollywood remains in competition with itself to see who can put out the shittiest uninspired fantasy/scifi shows.

Fk2_jkwXgAAGUmX?format=jpg&name=medium

God i can't wait for the one piece and avatar netflix shows, there going to be so awful 

Top 10 is 84M, down massively from even 2021. The entire Hollywood system needs to get their heads out of the sand and realize the entire industry is absolutely fucked because people simply aren't going to the movies anymore.

• Like 1

If it turns out Disney was lowballing Avatar by like 6 million for Sunday it would be quite the clown behavior. I know people say its a pretty standart practice but thats not even trying to pretend they are making an educated public estimate

Edited by Gkalaitza