Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Rogue One falls off a cliff, it's not a worthy comp after the holidays are over

Maybe, we'll see. Fact is the movies were tracking pretty much identical to each other for 8 straight days.  So let's see how much extra ground Avatar 2 can manage to create over time. I posted a number of scenarios, including up to $700M. It will need to gain a lot of ground on Rogue One's dailies to reach that number. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Seated for Whitney with a rose wine and sour patch kids. 

My Dad passed away on Christmas Eve and he loved Whitney Houston. The past few days have been tough. 

❤️💔

So sorry 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

My Dad passed away on Christmas Eve and he loved Whitney Houston. The past few days have been tough. 

❤️💔

My deepest condolences. But do remember that we're all here to talk to if you need comfort.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stephanos13 said:

Let's take it day by day. As you say legs haven't revealed themselves yet. It could still go either way.

And rem theres still fans coming who are from the 40s-70 generations thanks to Camerons little film about a boat. Who knows how many walkins with their families are coming. Keeping fingers crossed that every weekday and weekend shows legs and more legs. 

We Want the Maverick  Domestically...  We eat Magical Doctors and Jungle men and  Wingmen for Breakfast and Right now as they say ... Pandorians  are very Hungry!!

....We ARE COMING!"

Oh Yeah What GIF by Regal

14 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

❤️💔

I bet they have. I’m so sorry @Krissykins

My best to you and your family and I really hope the film delivers for you. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Maybe, we'll see. Fact is the movies were tracking pretty much identical to each other for 8 straight days.  So let's see how much extra ground Avatar 2 can manage to create over time. I posted a number of scenarios, including up to $700M. It will need to gain a lot of ground on Rogue One's dailies to reach that number. 

No but rougue one reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally falls of a cliff on Wed 4th, you shouldn't expect A2 to do the same.

Edited by IronJimbo

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

No but rougue one reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally falls of a cliff on Jan 3rd, you shouldn't expect A2 to do the same.

I don't know what it will do. I only know that they have identical release dates and they ran pretty much identical to each other from Saturday to Saturday. Avatar 2 jumped 14% ahead on Sunday and we'll see where it goes from there. Like I said, I posted a bunch of scenarios from $508M to $542M to $600M to $650M to $700M. I tend to think it ends up around $550-600M, but we will see what happens. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

❤️💔

Wow so sorry Krissy Kins.. Sending PRayers and I know your dad is in a better place. Rem to just try to do things that keep your energy positive and avoid as much negativity as you can... Now I really hope you enjoy the film.

When my favorite uncle passed last year, I was watching funny toons, exercising, watching alot of old boxing matches we use to watch and just doing comedy specials with popcorn and these type of things helped me. Also listened to alot of bibical sermons and films. And of course wife and  positive friends helped alot.

(Sending lots of blessing and HUGGS and may God bless you in Jesus Name Krissy)

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Update
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

❤️💔

So sorry for your loss. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I don't know what it will do. I only know that they have identical release dates and they ran pretty much identical to each other from Saturday to Saturday. Avatar 2 jumped 14% ahead on Sunday and we'll see where it goes from there. Like I said, I posted a bunch of scenarios from $508M to $542M to $600M to $650M to $700M. I tend to think it ends up around $550-600M, but we will see what happens. 

Red thats a spooky profile pic brother.  I think we just may climb far past 700M.. Lets see how tickets role in this week and next. I think James does it again but not just OS but domestically as well :)

• Like 1

Just now, Sheldon Cr said:

Red thats a spooky profile pic brother.  I think we just may climb far past 700M.. Lets see how tickets role in this week and next. I think James does it again but not just OS but domestically as well :)

$700M would be incredible for sure, especially after how it was tracking the first 9 days...and especially tracking like that as a sequel instead of original movie. At least with the Christmas Sunday number, we no longer have a boring run at the moment. The opening Saturday to 2nd Saturday numbers were quite boring, lol

39 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Whats crazy is A2 despite Pandemic, Earthquakes, money woes OS.. Folks are still finding away and keep returning.

This sucker may hit 1.7- 2B OS -China... Im like  what is going on here lol 

Earthquakes? Lol

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

$700M would be incredible for sure, especially after how it was tracking the first 9 days...and especially tracking like that as a sequel instead of original movie. At least with the Christmas Sunday number, we no longer have a boring run at the moment. The opening Saturday to 2nd Saturday numbers were quite boring, lol

Yes I too as you know got caught up with the Crazy OW predict. Really thought  A2 had that 175-200M OW.. Still its not big you are out the gate, but how much people you keep bringin in down the long stretch. And we know no one is better than that than JC. 

:) Would love a few suprises at highend of the domestic predicts happen after all. Its crazy that with the pandemic and Weather this film is findng a way to go way over 2B without a 800m-1B+ china haul or Russia etc.

Wow.. 

• Like 1