charlie Jatinder

Weekdays (03-05 Jan, 2023) Thread. | Talk about the New York Giants in here!

People are underestimating this movie again. The weekend can absolutely go 45M+, this can very well surpass Top Gun Domestic.

Opening weekend, people said this movie was going to underperform. A few days post weekend, they said it was going to perform like RO and a normal blockbuster. And now, just because of week day numbers, they will underestimate James Cameron and will be proven wrong with the upcoming weekend numbers, rise and repeat.

Edited by oenri

1 hour ago, LinksterAC said:

This movie appeals to demographic groups that are underrepresented on social media & don’t rush to go see films when they release.

This is 100% true. People that are always online just lost a bit of touch of the real world honestly, so they think that the internet and social media tells a somewhat almost perfect picture of how things work and what people like IRL, but this is a far cry from the truth. Avatar just like Jurassic World and F&F (but on steroids) is a franchise geared towards the GA and not online fanbases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

are the tv news channels reporting on it or something?

I don't know if there are TV channels or such talking about it, but my mom has just Instagram and is not online for most of the time. She might have seen in a news site or something.

Avatar 2 is current daily outpacing Top Gun and the first Avatar. New projections pointing that it is still outgrossing them today by far. So, why would this movie have a worse 4th weekend than them? It really doesn't make sense to me, I think people are underestimating it.

Edited by oenri

Now that we’re a bit further into the evening I can say that just based on the numbers right now, there is a small chance that….

Spoiler

…today is flat or slightly increases from Wednesday 😮

I would still bet on a decrease if I had to make a prediction but maybe only 3-5%? 

It’s fairly impressive.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 15

7 minutes ago, oenri said:

Avatar 2 is current daily outpacing Top Gun and the first Avatar. New projections pointing that it is still outgrossing them today by far. So, why would this movie have a worse 4th weekend than them? It really doesn't make sense to me, I think people are underestimating it.

TGM benefited from Father's Day and increased 12% on the Sunday in it's 4th weekend. It's certainly within the realm of possibility that The Way of Water has a better 4th weekend (>$44.7M) than TGM - though I don't think that will happen, personally.

As for the original Avatar, it increased almost 120% on the Friday, whereas given this year's calendar configuration, I would be very surprised if Way of Water increases anywhere near this.

But who knows - we'll see what happens. :)

Peace,

Mike

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

Now that we’re a bit further into the evening I can say that just based on the numbers right now, there is a small chance that….

Hide contents

I would still bet on a decrease if I had to make a prediction but maybe only 3-5%? 

It’s fairly impressive.

Jim's anti-gravity, here we go!!

Edited by Firepower

6 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

Hide contents

It’s fairly impressive.

That would be pretty funny after you shot me down for suggesting Thursday could be higher than Wednesday the other day XXR.

I'd take a flat Thursday though.

13 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

Hide contents

It’s fairly impressive.

that's great. Now some posters will say how this isn't that good of a number for Avatar2

Edited by upriser7
  • Like 3