CJohn

M3GAN W33K3ND THR3AD | ACTUALS - DADDY CAM3RON'S MAGNUM OPUS 45.8M | DOCUM3NTARY ABOUT KILL3R DOLL 30.4M | ORANG3 PANTH3R 13.5M

2 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

Would have been 3M with the typical PLF ratio a 30M opener normally gets but Avatar is taking almost all of them away.

Time to kill the Jimmy Cameron

Dance Improvise GIF by M3GAN

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Below the 3M I hoped for. Oh well. If this can't post a 30M OW with huge hype and rave reviews...

The same IM as Smile gets it to $31m.

I do think it'll be more frontloaded, but PG-13 horror tends to see bigger jumps on Friday, albeit with weaker Saturdays and Sundays, so I think  it could still happen.

With a dead January and so far promising WOM, a $100m finish is well within the realm of possibility.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Below the 3M I hoped for. Oh well. If this can't post a 30M OW with huge hype and rave reviews...

I would tamper down OW expectations to more in the $25M range

But horror has been unusually lower OW/ more legs of late, and I could see it finishing close to Smile’s total ($100M) if WOM matches the reviews 

Just now, AJG said:

Is a 77% Verified Score good for a movie like this?

I don’t normally follow horror, and I know CinemaScores VA scores for the genre should be treated differently than others.

Smile has the same score. We will see where M3gan ends up as the weekend progresses.

• Like 1

Just now, AJG said:

Is a 77% Verified Score good for a movie like this?

I don’t normally follow horror, and I know CinemaScores VA scores for the genre should be treated differently than others.

Horror movies generall get lower Verified Scores than other genres. For example Smile - which had great WOM among the GA - also has a 77% score.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Horror movies generall get lower Verified Scores than other genres. For example Smile - which had great WOM among the GA - also has a 77% score.

Smile is a meaner, darker movie with a bleak ending