keysersoze123

Weekdays Thread (1/9-12)

1 minute ago, Fanboy said:

Sherlock Holmes 2 has been a good comparison for weekend drop percentages. Avatar 2 should at least be doing close to 4M today but maybe the weather in California is affecting it again. See how everything else goes with Monday. I was right in saying the winter storm was significantly impacting pre-Xmas numbers. 

I also believe the later winter break is part of the equation. It seem like schools across significant part of the country wasn't really out until Dec 22 or Dec 23 and that is why they end latter this year. That boosted the mid-week number quite substantially last week. 

1 minute ago, Borobudur said:

I also believe the later winter break is part of the equation. It seem like schools across significant part of the country wasn't really out until Dec 22 or Dec 23 and that is why they end latter this year. That boosted the mid-week number quite substantially last week. 

.Obviously with the calendar lineup numbers not being strong had some effect, but December 21-24 were its weakest looking days compared to Rogue One and that was almost entirely due to snowstorm. 

In an ideal world, Avatar does 40M+ over the 4 Days next weekend, Puss in Boots has another Weekend that grosses more on the Fri-Sun frame than it did on OW and Megan doesnt drop but increases.

Its Tuesday, life is beautiful and we are allowed to dream.

• Heart 1

Off a ~$3.4 Monday, I've got:

$4.8/$3.6/$3.6 // $7.5/$14/$10.5/$8

For a $32-33M 3-day (9x), ~$40M 4-day (11x+). Really going to have to feast on Sat/Sun (+Tue), but 3 weeks of NFL Playoffs & Super Bowl will likely apply some downward pressure on those days, before Titanic steals PLFs and Quantamania steals its thunder

• Like 2

So Avatar 2 ended the weekend around $50 million ahead of TGM. It should still be around $45 million ahead of TGM after MLK Day. But boy did TGM have some godlike June and July weekdays. It will start cutting A2's margin by $10m+ every week after MLK. What are the odds Avatar holds on?

For Puss in Boots, this past weekend was ~36% of JWTJ and ~65% of Sing. Its been running much closer to the Jumanji track through the run, which would project the total out to ~$145M, but even following Sing from here gets to $130M+. With the good WOM and absolute lack of family competition, still think it has a shot at $150M+

Either way, should be looking at 25-30% drop for the 3-day weekend ($9.5-$10.2), and <10% drop for the 4-day ($12.2M+) which could very well beat its OW of $12.4M (from a Wednesday opening and included XMas Eve & Day)

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Agafin said:

So Avatar 2 ended the weekend around $50 million ahead of TGM. It should still be around $45 million ahead of TGM after MLK Day. But boy did TGM have some godlike June and July weekdays. It will start cutting A2's margin by $10m+ every week after MLK. What are the odds Avatar holds on?

Plus don’t forget that TGM had a 4th of July weekend boost. We won’t be at the equivalent stage of Avatar’s calendar for another couple of weeks. 

7 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

This is one of the best calendar setups M3GAN could ask for. Word of mouth is solid. Friday being the 13th should provide a nice boost and Sunday drop will be mellowed. Can see 18M+ for 3 day. 

Don't think it will pull a Smile 2nd weekend, word got out too quickly and helped push up the OW (plus no Hurricane Ian), but if it were to match Barbarian's Sat/Sat 2nd week drop of -35%, then wouldn't rule out $20M for the 3-day with the boost on both Fri and Sun. Probably better to set expectations more in line with Scream & Nope with -45%-ish Sat, and see if it can beat that

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, M37 said:

Off a ~$3.4 Monday, I've got:

$4.8/$3.6/$3.6 // $7.5/$14/$10.5/$8

For a $32-33M 3-day (9x), ~$40M 4-day (11x+). 

Only a couple percent better drop than last week where it came off a holiday weekend? Even with playoffs i think it'll be more like -20% for 3-day.

Trying to look at comps from last year to see effect of CFB championship game, and I realize there are too many Monday holidays in these months, it difficult to pull a trend.

But looking at Mondays last year, Jan 10 (CFB) and Jan 24, (Jan 17 being MLK), the drops look fairly similar between the days.

I don't know how much the popularity of CFB ebbs and flows year-to-year though, or if this year was a more popular game.

11 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

I dont see imax anywhere

good

Atom tickets has it listed as “an IMAX event.” There are a few other theaters listing it as on their IMAX release schedule. I think it’s safe to say it will at least get some PLFs…

https://www.atomtickets.com/movies/titanic-25-year-anniversary-an-imax-3d-experience/338123

4 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Only a couple percent better drop than last week where it came off a holiday weekend? Even with playoffs i think it'll be more like -20% for 3-day.

That’s fine … just show me the math that gets you to $37-38M for -20%? I’ve already penciled in a higher Wed & Thur than current Mon estimate (which would be anomaly) and a pretty healthy 9x for 3-day from there. Could see a bit higher in $34-$35 range, but above that is pushing it IMO from that stating value