keysersoze123

Weekdays Thread (1/9-12)

27 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

People overreacting to Monday drop. Was always expecting A2 to do relatively badly on weekdays once holidays got over, last week was an overperformance (probably because Canada was off?). 

I agree, to a point. This is the first “real” weekday number we have, with some potential limiting factors, so difficult to read in insolation: how much of that drop/lower total was CFB NC, a lower weekday ratio, or just losing steam? 

With that said, it does set an upper bound on how the rest of this week plays out, which should go a long way to estimating final total. Fwiw, I’m going to bump up my expected Wed/Thur to weekend ratio from 9x to 9.5-10x

We may look back on this Monday number as the day the $700M/chasing down TGM dream died … but it’s too early to really do that yet 

• Like 1

Lmao you guys can't flip flop like this daily. Please relax. This number is 44% bigger than NWH and still bigger than TFA. We know the runtimes will factor into its weekday grosses plus the effect that football is gonna have, we've already seen it have bigger than normal jumps this past weekend so we can expect that to continue as people make it a weekend event. It's a 4+ hour commitment. Still well on track for $570M+ by end of MLK wknd. 

That OS Monday seems pretty solid to me too, I don't see why it could not get to $1.32B by Sunday. $1.9B is possible with if a slight overperformance occurs. 

29 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

Yeah dunno if that's a thing in the US, but it's definitely an anomaly. 

Wait and see how rest of the week goes, if this one day proves to be an aberration, but I think there are some demographic reasons to suspect PiB will have a daily pattern less like a traditional animated film like Sing 2, and closer to Jumanji 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, M37 said:

Wait and see how rest of the week goes, if this one day proves to be an aberration, but I think there are some demographic reasons to suspect PiB will have a daily pattern less like a traditional animated film like Sing 2, and closer to Jumanji 

Funny enough, I was gonna mention Mondays tends to be "senior citizen" day...it could be that Puss popularity is breaking into that age range based on its theming...

55 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I don't see it as a Greatest Showman run, but a more Jumanji one - once the big, huge movie got seen, folks started to hear there was a 2nd movie that they didn't think much of when hearing the title, but that their friends and family told them was even better than the big movie, and they needed to check it out...

And thus, Puss's current run:)...

I mean, showman was the same dynamic — stunning concurrently with Jumanji and tlj. Showman is just the more intense version (smaller open and total, even wilder legs).

23 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

First truly awful floppish number for Avatar both domestically and overseas. 

600+ is certain, but 700 is still far far away. 

Oh, no, only 600+

face crying GIF

Cameron said they broke even. A3 already happening. So there is nothing really of concern in your concern trolling. Lol 

• Like 3