Shawn Robbins

MLK Weekend Thread (1/13-16) | 3-day/4-day Estimates: Avatar 32.4M/40.6M, M3GAN 18.26M/21.72M, Puss 14.39M/19.04M, Otto 12.8M/15.33M, Plane 10M/12.03M, House Party 4M/4.73M

2 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

young me still remembers revenge of the fallen being the coolest thing ever, I will never see it again as I want to keep the illusion intact

I will never forget seeing that movie at midnight a month after my college graduation with a group of my buddies. We looked at each other when the credits started rolling, realizing that our youth was over. That was the worst piece of shit we had ever seen.

Then we had to get up in three hours and go to our brand new big boy college graduate jobs.

• Haha 3

So Kirk Cousins showed for the 100th time...he's good enough to get you wins in the regular season, but he's never gonna win you the Super Bowl.

That final 4th down play (throwing 3 yards to a fully covered guy on 4th and eight) is him in a nutshell.

Giants/Eagles next weekend will be nuts!

• Like 6

5 hours ago, John Marston said:

Anyone notice that Bayformers nostalgia is a thing? Both Dark of the Moon and Revenge of the Fallen are in the top ten on Netflix. Wonder if this will help Rise of the Beasts 

Somebody start the Billion dollar club. 

• Astonished 2

And the goal line fumble for a 99 yard Cincy TD shows you the worth of Lamar Jackson - that would have never happened with him under center.  It was a horrid QB run play - you don't leap when you ain't Lamar and you have people behind you pushing you - you go low and protect the ball and just let yourself get pushed...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chaz said:

I will never forget seeing that movie at midnight a month after my college graduation with a group of my buddies. We looked at each other when the credits started rolling, realizing that our youth was over. That was the worst piece of shit we had ever seen.

Then we had to get up in three hours and go to our brand new big boy college graduate jobs.

I feel dark of the moon had great CGI better then MCU films in 2022 lol

• Like 4
  • ...wtf 1

20 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

I feel dark of the moon had great CGI better then MCU films in 2022 lol

What's with some older films having better CGI than newer big budget films? I just recently rewatched the first Transformers and the CGI looks really good.

37 minutes ago, Hilpkioy said:

What's with some older films having better CGI than newer big budget films? I just recently rewatched the first Transformers and the CGI looks really good.

Because VFX workers are being streched to their absolute limits by the evils of capitalism. While CGI-heavy films were common in the mid-2000s, they didn't clog up the market as much as they are now. Now every movie is a CGI-heavy tentpole. There's whole-ass TV shows from Disney+ and Netflix that have as much, arguably more VFX gobbledygook than the movies coming out. So you have an entire industry stretched towards its limits. There's too few workers available to do it all, the hours are grueling and take forever, and the deadlines are the tightest they have ever been.

So you have understaffed companies full of people who are overworked and underpaid, and are under the wrath of studio executives who don't give a shit about film as an art form and will force crappy-looking movies out to fill out a spreadsheet and probably get some memes out of it for free publicity. Helps also these movies are done by directors who go from an indie straight to a 100-200M+ production that have no clue how to work with that kind of big budget. So how would they know to make good VFX?

So basically, capitalism is evil, hates the working class, is anti-art, and will kill us faster than the virus will. I hope I already cleared everything up for you, but here's a Vulture article that goes into even greater detail. :)

https://www.vulture.com/2023/01/inside-the-vfx-union-brewing-in-hollywood.html?utm_medium=s1&utm_source=tw&utm_campaign=vulture

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

12m.

If this proves to be accurate, that would be only a 13% drop from Saturday. And make for a ~32.8M weekend (-28.4% drop from last weekend).

Looking like a sub-30% weekend drop even if Sunday isn’t quite 12M with final numbers. 

Peace,

Mike