Borobudur

Short Weekdays thread Jan 17 to Jan 19

4 hours ago, Sampath Kumar said:

Can National Popcorn 🍿 Day on Thursday give boost to Number's?

Probably not much - I haven't seen anywhere reduce ticket prices, so mostly, it will probably bring in regular Thursday goers and some additional "going for free anyway" subscribers for the day.  So, a little bump, but nothing like the September $3 day...

My family just saw Puss in Boots and wtf who the hell sat down and put so much effort into that movie. It had no reason to be that good after the first one was so meh (not to mention more than a decade ago) and even the last couple Shrek films were kind of phoning it in. Honestly lowkey one of the best films of 2022. Also that wolf was actually terrifying.

And in regards to the Shrek 5 talk, me and my girlfriend's families both have a lot of Gen Z kids who speak only in memes and I can confirm that whatever bonus they may have gave to minions, it will pale in comparison to the tsunami of meme support that Shrek 5 has waiting for it

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Xavier said:

Boring doomposting. Isn't it a little embarrassing to be doing this for a 2 billion dollar movie?

No, I want it to cross 700 mln domestic, so lesser those numbers are, higher increases it needs to have a respectable drop and it doesn't really look feasible with those numbers.

Edited by Firepower