Issac Newton

Weekend Thread | Estimates: Avatar 19.7, Puss 11.5, M3GAN 9.8, Missing 9.3, Otto 9

15 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

Chimpmunks 2 & 4 were accompanied by the highest grossing films of all time. Maybe the only way to make the highest grossing film of all time is to fund Chimpmunks 5 and 6? Perhaps BOT should start a Gofundme page ...

We don't need this evil returning to the world.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Smile did almost $13 million on its third weekend(against Halloween Ends) bringing its total to $71 mil. Megan is dropping a lot harder than Smile (even though it has no competition). Using that I just don’t see Megan hitting $100 million.

Smile was out of the ordinary of course and had the month of October and no January football/Avatar. It also had PLF’s, of which M3GAN has had none. 

14 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

73mil after a 9.8mil weekend. It wont be easy but i think it can.

Add another ~$2.4M for the weekdays to get to $75.7M. But the key number is the -40% Sat to Sat - if it were to maintain that drop rate for the rest of the run it finishes around $93M. Gotta have a really good next weekend (sub 30%?), then not get killed by Knock at the Cabin, before it gets dumped in the wake of Ant-Man. Uphill battle, but plausible (and may be close enough that Universal strings it along forever to get to that threshold)

Edited by M37
  • Like 1

I mean if M3GAN follows Scream for the rest of its run, it gets to 96.5M. I knowi t's not perfect since that opened on a holiday weekend, but there's nothing out next week, and no other heavy-hitters until Ant-Man (and even then, it's still got President's Day weekend). I can see it, at worst, being in the 98M range where Uni can fudge it to just over the century mark.

1 minute ago, Eric is Missing said:

I mean if M3GAN follows Scream for the rest of its run, it gets to 96.5M. With nothing out next week, and no other heavy-hitters until Ant-Man (and even then, it's still got President's Day weekend), I can see it, at worst, being in the 98M range where Uni can fudge it to just over the century mark.

Knock at the Cabin could be direct competition though. It could finish today and still be a fantastic run of course.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I hope that Avatar actuals both dom and OS go up cause I'm not liking those numbers. Too low or am I expectign too much?

Both are right in line with what most of us were expecting iirc. 19-21 has been the range for DOM weekend since like Wednesday, and remember China's run is basically over now

Edited by Dragoncaine
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I hope that Avatar actuals both dom and OS go up cause I'm not liking those numbers. Too low or am I expectign too much?

Well i was thinking 60mil international weekend, but thats when i didnt know China was losing most of its screens this wekend, so for me 56mil is a very good number.