GOGODanca

Weekday Thread (1/30 - 2/2)

The fun of box office runs is the unpredictable parts. We're now in the boring stage. We know that this is going to land within 2.3b-2.425b worldwide. I mean there's still a small chance of a top gun maverick going down domestically, but I'm not one who cares. The fact this forum puts so much empanthasis on domestic overhypes us to the importance of placing #5 over #6 or whatever. This forum imo would be better if it concentrated on global box office, but here we are. It's hard to avoid the domestic part as this is where everyone hangs out.

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

The fun of box office runs is the unpredictable parts. We're now in the boring stage. We know that this is going to land within 2.3b-2.425b worldwide. I mean there's still a small chance of a top gun maverick going down domestically, but I'm not one who cares. The fact this forum puts so much empanthasis on domestic overhypes us to the importance of placing #5 over #6 or whatever. This forum imo would be better if it concentrated on global box office, but here we are. It's hard to avoid the domestic part as this is where everyone hangs out.

I think seeing you battle with other Avatar’s hater is more fun than tracking box office run my friend~ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭*

Edited by Sophia Jane
  • Haha 2

I really need some guy said “Avatar 2 run is nothing special,it’s extremly disappointed””AEG run is better than OG 2009 Avatar”things and let the war start again,then things will get more fun lol

haha,I’m joking ,but the fact is that we just reach the boring stage now,accept the fact

Edited by Sophia Jane
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 2

31 minutes ago, Sophia Jane said:

I really need some guy said “Avatar 2 run is nothing special,it’s extremly disappointed””AEG run is better than OG 2009 Avatar”things and let the war start again,then things will get more fun lol

haha,I’m joking ,but the fact is that we just reach the boring stage now,accept the fact

Just go to twitter and you will have some real fun. The newest excuse is "Avatar had no competition, thats why it did so well"

• ...wtf 1

15 minutes ago, dignam said:

Just go to twitter and you will have some real fun. The newest excuse is "Avatar had no competition, thats why it did so well"

They're still talking about Avatar? That's strange, since it has no cultural impact 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, dignam said:

I need a ‘battle’,a single nonsense speaking is just make me fell nothing but angry,I need some “hater vs fans” War

but the fun fact,after 7th weekend of release they still talk about Avatar…this movie really have some discussion power…

Edited by Sophia Jane
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

This you?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, dignam said:

I mean, it’s undeniable IMO that the lack of competition - particularly in the post-Christmas holiday period - helped to boost the numbers. But audiences always retain the option to just stay home, and despite the 3hr+ run time and PLF/3D surcharges, they didn’t - that’s a credit to the drawing power 

Even with a more normal/packed holiday slate, still almost certainly looking at $600M/$2B+ totals, which wouldn’t change perception of performance significantly 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I mean back in 2020 who would've thought TGM would win the domestic crown over Wakanda Forever and Avatar 2. I think it's pretty noteworthy 

• Like 2