kayumanggi

ELEMENTAL | 342.0M overseas | 496.4M worldwide

10 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Damn any chance of $500M?

with these holds yes. Barbenheimer isn't going to hit it hard cause Asia where it's doing bonkers business has no interest in Barbenheimer apparently.

I admit I have no idea why people like this so much. I figured that Korean success may be due to whoever does the voice work there so romcom (Korea's favorite genre) + star voices? = phenomenon. 

Edited by Valonqar

Keep in mind that it opened in few new markets this week so the drops is a bit higher. Japan in the last big market left. Barbie is going to be big in LA markets where Elemental has been doing very good so next weekend will be important. Asia (other than Vietnam and SK is almost played out by now). Europe should also leg 2-4 more times OW by this point.

8 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

with these holds yes. Barbenheimer isn't going to hit it hard cause Asia where it's doing bonkers business has no interest in Barbenheimer apparently.

I admit I have no idea why people like this so much. I figured that Korean success may be due to whoever does the voice work there so romcom (Korea's favorite genre) + star voices? = phenomenon. 

Guessing it’s just likable enough and breezy enough for families with its themes.

8 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

It's not exactly doing bonkers business in Asia. It's only Korea where it's doing bonkers in Asia. It's actually doing extremely well in LATAM with insane holds. Also holding very well in Europe and Australia too (already has like 7X multiplier in Australia)...so there will be effect of Barbie & Oppenheimer atleast due to loss in number of shows 

I hate the water guy lol. something about the design just rubs me the wrong way. :lol:

Just learned on SV thread that director is Korean whiche xplains why it's doing crazt buisness there.

Also read the synopsis and it's small businesses closure that relates to people isn't it? I know it's a big theme of the movie.

@pepsa good point about staggered release. I got used to day and date and forgot that staggered always creates better holds casue markets are added weekly or so and therefore offset the drops.

Edited by Valonqar

From Disney/Pixar, Elemental crossed $300M worldwide this session, rising to $311.7M. It’s been buoyed by great holds since release five weekends ago. This international session was down 23% (including increases in Argentina, Germany, Norway and elsewhere) for an added $28.2M in 51 material markets to lift overseas to $186.4M.

The Korea performance has been fiery with a soft dip to No. 2 behind Mission this weekend and a $32.6M cume to date. Behind it are Mexico ($16.4M), China ($15.7M), France ($11.9M) and Brazil ($10M). Japan is still to release, on August 4.

Elemental enjoyed single-digit percentage declines in Brazil (-8%) and smaller markets Switzerland, Denmark and Central America, and also strong holds – down just 13% – in powerful European territories France and UK/Ireland. Even better, Argentina (+24%) and Germany (+9%) saw rises, and the animation also increased in smaller markets Norway, Czech Republic, Uruguay and Chile.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, upriser7 said:

Feels like there definitely will be some impact due to Barbie release in LATAM where Barbie seems like a phenom

It will but the way it’s holding it should still keep shows enough to survive 

We should see some unusually high drops (30-40%) and then goes back to sub 10-15% next weekend in all markets where it’s pulling insane holds