kayumanggi

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - DEAD RECKONING | 395.4M overseas | 567.5M worldwide

1 hour ago, MG10 said:

I saw that Fallout had a 156M WW opening weekend, is this correct?

Yes, but that's without China and a few other markets I believe, which didn't open for another few weeks. According to Deadline:

Offshore comps include Mission: Impossible – Fallout which (excluding previews and in like-for-like markets at today’s rates) opened to $173.1M. Note that this figure includes $74M from China at a very different point in time for that market. Including previews, Fallout bowed to $186.6M (again, with that China figure factoring, and also in a like-for-like situation).

So add in $61.2M domestic opening and Fallout WW opening in all markets was $247.8M

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, deniima said:

Yes, but that's without China and a few other markets I believe, which didn't open for another few weeks. According to Deadline:

So add in $61.2M domestic opening and Fallout WW opening in all markets was $247.8M

Ah, in that case they are very close despite Usa having a couple of days more in the opening weekend, I hope it will still reach 800M in one way or another

• Like 1

Cruise has again been tireless in promoting the movie — and the big-screen experience — offshore where he is masterly about the importance of overseas markets. The Dead Reckoning tour kicked off in Rome with a spectacular world premiere event on the Spanish Steps (they figure heavily in a key chase) with key cast members and McQuarrie as well as editor Eddie Hamilton and co-screenwriter Erik Jendresen. In his inimitable style, Cruise took time to sign autographs and pose for photos with hundreds of fans and members of the media over the course of about four hours.

From there, the team traveled to London for a UK premiere in Leicester Square, followed by a premiere in Abu Dhabi, where some of the movie was filmed, and then took a trip to Korea (a mega-Cruise market) for a press conference and red carpet blowout. In Australia on July 3, Cruise celebrated his 61st birthday during the Oz premiere. The team will next head to Japan.

A move that show the marketing team actually care about international markets. You can't expect buzz to go around undeterred with star doing just interviews, attending late-night shows. In-person event to the local markets is how you build a star.  

• Like 1

India (T-0 Pre-sales)

Day
PIC Pre-Sales
PVR INOX CINEPOLIS Total
Wednesday 66,860 36,648 21,422 124,930
Thursday 16,637 6,372 3,176 26,185
Friday 12,901 4,369 2,231 19,501
Saturday 24,302 9,261 5,200 38,763
Sunday 16,403 6,664 3,300 26,367
T-Pre-sales 137,103 63,314 35,329 235,746

$1.17M PIC Pre-Sales for OW

Expecting $10M+ OW in India. OD PS ended 1.56x ahead of Fast X.

Edited by Issac Newton
  • Like 2

No the SK start isn't great, OD itself is about 60% of what it should have been. Still hopefully we see a great friday / sat jump and a great second weekend hold. My guess would be around 1.6m admission start (not including previews).  That would be about half of the previous one.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, HesAPooka said:

So it made more than Maverick which grossed 66m in SK but it's under performing Fallout which made 49m? I'm confused.

Fallout was a way bigger opener than maverick in SK which was a leggy hit, simple as that. Also fallout had to go against giant films after OW while maverick was in a way calmer marketplace.

• Like 1