Issac Newton

Weekend Thread - 3/10-12 | Weekend Estimates: Scream VI 44.5 (franchise best!), Creed III 27.2, LXV 12.3 #AintManIII 7, Cocaine Bear I 6.2

I hope Scream holds well enough in the weeks ahead to hit $100M.

Acceptable start for 65 considering how little it had going for it. Had the movie not earned such poor reviews I think it would've been a similar success to M3GAN and Cocaine Bear since there's clearly an audience for these "silly concept" movies.

Champions did about as well as it was ever going to (which is to say "not very well"), I suppose.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

That’s actually more than I had expected tbh, thought sub $3M OW was in play 

18 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Acceptable start for 65 considering how little it had going for it. Had the movie not earned such poor reviews I think it would've been a similar success to M3GAN and Cocaine Bear since there's clearly an audience for these "silly concept" movies.

Champions did about as well as it was ever going to (which is to say "not very well"), I suppose.

Scream VI $100M-$110M finish

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I’ll take the over on $110M. Should get to $55M+ for OWeek (so 1.9-2.0x), has good WOM, and that it’s playing a little bit older than typical horror should produce higher weekdays, especially during Spring & Easter breaks 

I just rewatched all of the Scream movies in the past week, and my ranking (ahead of seeing VI tonight) is for sure 1 > 2 > 5 > 4 > 3. I used to love 4, and I still like it, but this recent viewing solidified that the 3rd act carries the movie for me. The first two acts are completely unremarkable, and the new cast is stronger in 5. It's also the ugliest movie in the franchise by a landslide, so that doesn't help.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JayPrimetown said:

That's just not true. Maverick had a worldwide tour to push promotion.

Maverick had early screenings as well as incredible WOM. 

Were we expecting scream 6 to do 700 million domestic? I'm really confused by these arguemnts...scream will make its listed budget back probably the end of today and it's marketing budget by tommorrow...this was a franchise that was dead 2 years ago and its alive and well...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Flopped said:

And Scream literally got a bigger marketing push than Top Gun. 

Where is this coming from? 😂 Paramount sent Tom Cruise on a world tour.

The Scream VI cast were in NYC for 2 days and didn’t go anywhere else. 

Anyway, incredible opening and a franchise record. 

Those exit polls and diversity breakdowns are excellent too. Win win. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Where is this coming from? 😂 Paramount sent Tom Cruise on a world tour.

The Scream VI cast were in NYC for 2 days and didn’t go anywhere else. 

Anyway, incredible opening and a franchise record. 

Those exit polls and diversity breakdowns are excellent too. Win win. 

Scream  6 needs to make 700 million or its a flop lol

Edited by screambaby
  • Haha 3

From Deadline:

”Quick update on Paramount/Spyglass Media’s Scream VI as it continues to shatter franchise opening records: The Radio Silence-directed horror pic clocked an estimated $19.5M yesterday, including those $5.7m previews, for what’s shaping up to be a $43.5M opening, per industry figures this AM. The pic gets a B+ CinemaScore, just like the last one, along with good PostTrak ratings of 87% positive, 74% definite recommend. The last Scream had a 78% top two and 59% recommend. 

Scream VI
Melissa Barrera and Jenna Ortega in ‘Scream VI’Paramount Pictures

Demo make-up was 50/50 male-female, and 63% between 18-34, with the largest crowd being 18-24 at 41%. Diversity mix was 38% Latino and Hispanic, 38% Caucasian, 12% Black, and 12% Asian/other. Scream VI played best in the East, South Central, and West, but was strong everywhere. PLF screens drove 25% of ticket sales (vs. 24% on the last installment) and 3D repping a strong 22%.”

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, screambaby said:

Were we expecting scream 6 to do 700 million domestic? I'm really confused by these arguemnts...scream will make its listed budget back probably the end of today and it's marketing budget by tommorrow...this was a franchise that was dead 2 years ago and its alive and well...

I agree with you. Scream is doing very well. I'm sure Paramount is happy.

I was responding to the comment about Scream being marketed more than Maverick which I said is just untrue.

• Like 1