Issac Newton

Weekend Thread - 3/10-12 | Weekend Estimates: Scream VI 44.5 (franchise best!), Creed III 27.2, LXV 12.3 #AintManIII 7, Cocaine Bear I 6.2

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

If S6 behaves like M3 then its hitting 20m including previews. C3 ~ 7m. 

Are early numbers pointing higher than Deadline's projected $18.7m from midday, or are you just using M3gan as a hopeful IM goalpost for Scream VI to hit? 

Edited by Dragoncaine

15 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Scream VI is 94% on the verified audience score with 500+ ratings.

I don’t usually follow that, but that seems good for a horror film. 

Maybe it’ll get a B+ like the last film. 

Scream 2 B+
Scream 3 B

Scream 4 B-

Scream 5 B+ 

Scream 6 B+. Nice. 

I’d agree with comments here that Scream 4 is very ahead of it’s time. The whole motive and even the “you stream everything you do and then put it online?” character couldn’t be more now. It does have a strange “glow” though. 

It’s sad that it didn’t do well upon release, but it’s definitely been discovered over the years and I’m sure it’s one of the reasons why 5 did so well.

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Scream 6 B+. Nice. 

I’d agree with comments here that Scream 4 is very ahead of it’s time. The whole motive and even the “you stream everything you do and then put it online?” character couldn’t be more now. It does have a strange “glow” though. 

It’s sad that it didn’t do well upon release, but it’s definitely been discovered over the years and I’m sure it’s one of the reasons why 5 did so well.

Speaking of scream 4...if the 18.7 Friday number  for scream 6 holds or improves it will equal or surpass scream 4's opening weekend in one day.... 

• Like 1

I find 3 incredibly underrated personally. It’s a wild deconstruction of its own formula, and a way ahead of its time commentary on predatory behaviour in Hollywood. I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed it upon a revisit last year. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

I find 3 incredibly underrated personally. It’s a wild deconstruction of its own formula, and a way ahead of its time commentary on predatory behaviour in Hollywood. I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed it upon a revisit last year. 

In hindsight wes basically making weinsteins biography right under his nose and selling it to him as a film is epic...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, baumer said:

I'm personally kind of stunned at the preview number and the potential opening weekend number for scream part 6. The original three are all but gone with only Cox remaining, and now you have a franchise that is nearing its 30-year Mark in just a few years from now. And yet now it's set to have its highest opening weekend ever? It's incredibly impressive in my opinion.

Just to reiterate exactly what Baumer said...a 6th film in a horror franchise that spans 4 decades should not be this successful but here we are.

I watched this yesterday and had a lot of fun with it. It's completely ridiculous but intense. Scream 6 has no right to be this bloody entertaining.

• Heart 1

Scream 6 was pretty good, but I wish it was a bit more subversive and broke new ground. The first two acts were fresh and exciting in a new environment/city, but then the third act reverted back to being a ‘safe’ movie. They were unwilling to take bold chances to make a wild and crazy ending.

Michael is my favorite horror icon, but I don't think there's been a bad Scream movie yet. Scream 3 is my least favorite of them all but even that's better than some of the Halloween movies, as much as I love Michael.

• Like 2