Eric Prime

THE SUPER MARIO BROS MOVIE WEEKEND THREAD

41 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

I don't harp on critics often, they are just people with opinions, some critics are very well-educated people with a wealth of knowledge but sometimes the majority of critics just get it wrong and that's exactly what happened here.  Last night's performance showed that nobody cares about their opinion on this. 

This is such a crybaby argument, audiences and critics disagreed forever since movies exist

People only liked reviews when they agreed with their own opinions, the second some critic dares to disagreed everyone gets mad because people think critics job is to validate their own thoughts, good or bad

Critics was WAY harder on movies before, it´s incredibly easy to get good scores right now because critics overall are more forgiving and because sites like RT brings a lot of people that is closer to influencers than actual critics 

And if nobody cares about their opinion than they wouldn´t be here anymore, instead fanboys are crying over this nonstop for days because clearly a lot of people wanted good reviews to validate their love for the movie and when they didn´t get it, the meltdowns started

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, superduperm said:

Didn’t Deadline project a $26M Wednesday and it ended up being $31.7M?

Yes, but usually they only get the first day this wrong

Once they see the pattern of sales for the movie on it´s first day, is easier to get it closer to actuals on the other days, it would be surprising if they´re off by 6M again

Edited by ThomasNicole

Deadline and their math !!! They are saying 22m+ for 53.5m over 2 days plus 92 million over 3 day weekend for 141m total !!!!!

I dont know how they do the math for 3 day from 22m thursday(I think that is going up as well. Now I am in charlie's boat for a sub 25% drop). PS for tomorrow is up more than double from today and walkups will be better than today. its almost like a saturday. 

• Astonished 1

1 hour ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

Fire Emblem

Donkey Kong

Xenoblade

The Legend of Zelda

Mario

Yeah, I'm a Nintendo guy myself...

since someone mentioned xenoblade I want to join in (even if I'm in my video game hating phase)

Xenoblade

Zelda

Deus Ex

SMT (not persona)

Gameplay focused vns (not a franchise, but its an important part of my tastes)

• Like 1

lets say, hypothetically, that 185 happens, so 60 million over deadlines initial estimate, is this the wrongest they've ever been on ow?

Saw this last night and WOW, almost every single joke in this movie is atrocious. Even by Illumination standards. I liked it more than I was expecting (for other reasons), but it's genuinely one of the most painfully unfunny movies I've ever seen

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

lets say, hypothetically, that 185 happens, so 60 million over deadlines initial estimate, is this the wrongest they've ever been on ow?

I seem to remember them predicting something like 120m for JW1 back in 2015 (though obviously that blindsided everybody) but yeah this would be a pretty big whiff if it happens

And you know how Disney competes with the NCU. Awaken the sleeping giant known as Kingdom Hearts.

Market it as a grand adventure through classic Disney Worlds(2 or 3) and also have it be marketed as the big return of Disney juggernauts Mickey Mouse, Donald, and Goofy to the big screen. Kids would eat that shit up for breakfast and so would parents not even knowing what Kingdom Hearts is or who Sora is.

Edited by Cappoedameron