Eric S'ennui

THE SUPER MARIO BROS MOVIE WEEKEND THREAD

21 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Point being, it isn't that multiverse is popular like people demand it, just that some properties do it right. Disney hasn't been one of them (NWH and Spiderverse are Sony). 

Marvel Studios also co-produced NWH.

They also made Loki and Dr Strangec2 which were both successful. 

The only multiverse misfire was Ant-Man 3.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OceanBlvd said:

Detective Pikachu is a movie you make after making three other Pokémon origin stories. Choosing that first to establish the franchise on the big screen was a mistake imo. Pokémon absolutely have broad appeal, both to kids and adults, just not for this spin-off.

Detective Pikachu, a noir buddy cop movie starring R-rated Deadpool actor Ryan Reynolds, confused a lot of families. They did not go see that movie. Also, the trailers made it seem more adult than it is, so people expecting a more adult tone left the theater disappointed because it’s a kids movie and the people that were supposed to see it (families) did not go as stated by the reason above.

Reveal hidden contents

Mario is a very faithful adaptation, retaining all the iconic visual designs and the narrative beats.

Reveal hidden contents

I liked Detective Pikachu, but yeah, Mario is way better

30 minutes ago, Cheddar Please said:

May I remind everyone that we are at 69 pages :sparta:

You might think I’m crazy

The way I’m been cravin’

If I put it quite plainly

Just gimme them babies