kayumanggi

Weekdays Thread | April 10 - 13 | Thursday Numbers | 9.87M THE SUPER MARIO BROS. MOVIE | 1.04M JOHN WICK IV | 1.02M AIR | 0.96M D&D

On 4/12/2023 at 3:47 PM, Nate said:

With its multi-generational nostalgic appeal, 500m domestic total, non-Summer release, ~11m first Wednesday and Thursday, and ~320m dom through its second Sunday, Beauty and the Beast is starting to feel like it may be the best comp here. 

Gonna see how this weekend goes, but Beauty and the Beast is still feeling like a solid comp for Mario. Beauty made ~90m in its second weekend, which is higher than what we’ll see for Mario, but the totals should be relatively close after Sunday (beauty was at 320m).

Its weekdays for the next week were all between 6-9.5m, which could also be something to reasonably expect from Mario next week. 

https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/custom-comparisons/Super-Mario-Bros-Movie-The-(2022)/Beauty-and-the-Beast-(2017)#tab=day_by_day_comparison

23 hours ago, narniadis said:

Its always movies like Mario that make me smile with comments. I've been around nearly 20 years back when Mojo was still legit. The questions that come in from newer followers, especially in the post covid world give me joy and remind me that we were all learning at one point. Hopefully box office as a whole keeps up enough for discussion and hobby enjoyment for years to come. 

I just recently got into movies and now specifically box office because of one movie: Puss in Boots: The Last Wish. As weird as that sounds, it's true.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Firepower said:

It's very odd Mojo and the-numbers still didn't update it.

When you said this the other day I checked  mojo and it  said 327 world wide...I even posted it here.....and now it says 271....lol

Edited by screambaby
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Firepower said:

It's very odd Mojo and the-numbers still didn't update it.

It's like IMDB doesn't care about BOM at all. Like does the site even have an admin? 😅 Even their Twitter account is lazy. No daily reports. No international numbers. Even their estimates are left not revised. But they are the leading online box office reporting and analysis service they say. 😂

43 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Where do we theater counts for the weekend for holdovers?

With so many new wide releases.. Not sure how many theaters JW4 and D&D can maintain.

JW4 and DnD still retain most of their location but not necessarily the showtimes count.

The Super Mario Bros. Movie Universal Pictures 4,371 4,343 +28
AIR MGM 3,507 3,507  
Renfield Universal Pictures 3,375   New
Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves Paramount Pictures 3,324 3,856 -532
The Pope's Exorcist Sony Pictures 3,178   New
John Wick: Chapter 4 Lionsgate 3,033 3,607 -574
Suzume Sony Pictures 2,170   New
Mafia Mamma Bleecker Street 2,002   New
Scream VI Paramount Pictures 1,288 2,286 -998
Sweetwater Briarcliff Entertainment 1,204   New
Creed III United Artists Releasing 1,152 2,002 -850
Nefarious Soli Deo Gloria Releasing 933   New
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, DisposedData said:

9.6m? If it follows Sonic for the weekend it will gross 78m which is very solid and a sub 50% drop. I still think 80m is possible as well

its just me. Sonic was in its 3rd weekend and BO was lot smaller. I think Mario's BO trend will be lower. I could be wrong depending on how the weekend goes. I briefly looked at friday presales and it does not look like a 110% friday increase day.