kayumanggi

Weekdays Thread | April 10 - 13 | Thursday Numbers | 9.87M THE SUPER MARIO BROS. MOVIE | 1.04M JOHN WICK IV | 1.02M AIR | 0.96M D&D

9 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

You have to make sure that families are spending money on watching your movie, the longer the wait before its on streaming, the more likely they'll go to the theater or buy a copy on digital or physical. Shocks me that Disney forgot that. 

Also, a kid wanting to watch a movie in cinema probably bring in another two consumers (parents). Streaming just kill that extra consumers who would otherwise not interested watching your movies at all since kids can easily stream the movie at home without parent accompany.  

18 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Also, a kid wanting to watch a movie in cinema probably bring in another two consumers (parents). Streaming just kill that extra consumers who would otherwise not interested watching your movies at all since kids can easily stream the movie at home without parent accompany.  

Exactly. This is what Disney failed to understand.

9 minutes ago, superduperm said:

Okay that would be the first legitimately bad number…

Canada will drop hard today as tuesdays are uber boosted there. So this is going to be 1st "normal weekday" as Easter Monday behaved like a semi holiday. But you never know for sure. Mario could show real strength and have a better hold than norm. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, superduperm said:

Okay that would be the first legitimately bad number…

Yes / no Again, when you look at historical comps that would be at the higher end, but not the worst. Would be better to be fine with 10.5-11 than higher and be disappointed. 

9 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Right now, I am on board the 7th biggest 2nd weekend of all time train until proven otherwise. 

Lets aim for under 50% and over 75m before jumping the crazy train 😂😂

Its not hitting 90m+ 

And I will gladly eat my crow if it does, but not even BOP is willing to go that far, and they are already bullish. 

Edited by narniadis
  • Like 3