Eric S'ennui

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

8 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Lol, that coming right off of him admitting how poor their box office slate has been this year. He obviously saw the receipts and realized the company is in no position right now for him to be making comments that will hurt their public image even more, like he was. 

I still believe these strikes could tomorrow if he went to his fellow CEO's and said yeah this is stupid let's offer a fair deal and then tell Netflix to go pound sand. Not that simple but still. 

41 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Lol, that coming right off of him admitting how poor their box office slate has been this year. He obviously saw the receipts and realized the company is in no position right now for him to be making comments that will hurt their public image even more, like he was. 

I mean the budgets he's allowed for his blockbusters this movie was ridiculous. Who the hell thinks a 300 milion dollar budget in Indy Jones is going to make a profit? That's insane. On top of Quantumania flopping. 

Haunted Mansion had a ridiculous budget as well.

The only hit for Disney so far is GOTG Vol 3.

Indiana Jones I think the costs were a mix of development and also the fact the film had to postpone filming due to Harrison Ford getting injured. It's similar to why Fast X had such a huge budget.

Edited by Jonwo

2 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

EC I'll stop posting you here if you can stop defending CEOs for a month. I know you read this

He really is a shameless whore for the AMPTP. Every once in a while he will knock them just to look like he is not completely in the bag for them. 

4 minutes ago, Kon said:

They pay big amounts of money for VFX. It's not enough for the amount of work required, but they pay.

paying for the vfx does not equal paying a fair wage for the vfx artists that are being ridiculously overworked.

What are the chances of the SAG strike going on until 2024? That would force the government to get involved, right?

state government would likely get involved sooner then that.

Edited by Cappoedameron

5 hours ago, dudalb said:

For some reason a number of people here HATE Rachel Zegler. Don;t ask me why; I was knocked out by her Maria in "West Side Story" and don't get the hate.

If anyone answers this, quote or mention me too, because I’m curious to know (or have no idea why) she’s hated.

I have an educated guess, however, and she may be hated because she “isn’t Snow White” if you know what I’m saying. But if she nails the role, then yes she is Snow White, darn it!

Edited by SLAM!