Eric S'ennui

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

20 hours ago, Porthos said:

I mean, would you really expect THR to post anything other than something "unflattering" of SAG Leadership right now?

Even if it had a large amount of truth to it, THR has every reason in the world to try to... Hmmm... Poison the waters when it comes to SAG's Bargaining Power.

I mean yes but if it's true that doesnt make it not crazy

5 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

It really bothers me how little Fran and the actors care about the true victims of this strike, and that's not them. That's the crewmembers, the people that never get appreciation and have been out of a job for 6-7 months at this point. 

SAG continues to embarrass themselves everyday.

I think a lot of the bigger names like George Clooney are tired of Fran and perhaps Duncan hence trying to overstep them with proposals. 

I did like Fran's speech when the strike began but TBH I think the last few weeks have damaged her credibility. 

17 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Hmmm…

Didn’t saw any confirmation on this because I’m busy geeking out over the listening party of Taking Back Sunday’s newest record, but this sounds promising, actually.

Fingers crossed. Probably should not hold our breath though. 

• Like 1

Everyone wants the strike over and done with at this point. Drescher/Crabtree-Ireland need to accept that they're not going to get what they want re: what they're asking as far as streaming revenues, so as long as there's a resolution on the whole A.I./face scanning issue, there needs to be a deal made and everything else can be worked out in three or however many years when it's time to go through this all over again when there will be new people in charge of SAG-AFTRA.

And honestly, these past few weeks should mark the end of whatever political ambitions Drescher may or might've had.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Everyone wants the strike over and done with at this point. Drescher/Crabtree-Ireland need to accept that they're not going to get what they want re: what they're asking as far as streaming revenues, so as long as there's a resolution on the whole A.I./face scanning issue, there needs to be a deal made and everything else can be worked out in three or however many years when it's time to go through this all over again when there will be new people in charge of SAG-AFTRA.

And honestly, these past few weeks should mark the end of whatever political ambitions Drescher may or might've had.

And that’s a good thing. 

51 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Who said she had political ambitions???

(not even gonna comment on the "SAG should just give up and settle" stuff that has been leaking into this thread the last few days)

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Who said she had political ambitions???

(not even gonna comment on the "SAG should just give up and settle" stuff that has been leaking into this thread the last few days)

I don’t agree with the ‘SAG should just give up and settle’ rhetoric either. But there were rumors about Fran angling for a political career online. We don’t need another Ronald Reagan, we already have the whole democracy system of the western threatened by next year’s US election.

21 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

And that’s a good thing. 

I mean, we all should collectively just say no to any celebrity candidates in politics forever after Trump (as hard as it is to remember now, he was merely an obnoxious media personality not too long ago), but Fran would be wise to avoid the political arena (not that she officially plans to enter it, for now at least).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I mean, we all should collectively just say no to any celebrity candidates in politics forever after Trump (as hard as it is to remember now, he was merely an obnoxious media personality not too long ago), but Fran would be wise to avoid the political arena (not that she officially plans to enter it, for now at least).

100%.

As for strike-related news, a possible Bad News Friday drop incoming:

Among other possible tweaks: Warner Bros. is considering shifting around dates for next year’s titles, such as “Wise Guys,” a mob drama starring Robert De Niro, and “Beetlejuice 2,” the follow-up to Tim Burton’s 1988 film about a pesky poltergeist. Sony’s symbiote sequel “Venom 3” and Universal’s disaster epic “Twisters” also face setbacks unless production can resume in the next few weeks.

Theaters Brace for Movie Delays Due to Actors Strike (variety.com)