Eric is Quiet

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I remain pessimistic about SAG resuming talks anytime soon. If WGA is resolved tonight, that's sooner than I would've anticipated from talks resuming. One step at a time.

If/when they sign the deal with WGA they will still be left with nothing to film due to the actors being on strike (with the WGA strike they were still able to film stuff as it was going on). And it's probably starting to dawn on the higher-ups that this is going to define their legacies the longer this goes on. The pressure is really going to be on them unless talks with WGA somehow fall apart again.

Personally, I'm just chuckling at the notion of Barbie/Oppenheimer being the final major movie premieres pre-strike and The Marvels (which will be arguably the biggest non-Tay Tay opener since that duo) being the one that marks their grand return after nearly 4 months of mostly movies that were greeted with shrugs. That's Hollywood for ya!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Well this negotiation is about the end of the WGA strike, so promo is still benched

I know that lol. There's not a whole lot coming out between now and November (and a number of that month's titles are also not really dependent on actor promo anyway) that would really benefit from actor promo besides Killers of the Flower Moon. I'm sure if they were to finish a SAG-AFTRA deal within the next three weeks they could be able to quickly book the stars for talk show appearances the week of the 20th when it comes out.

Writers Guild and Studios Conclude Latest Bargaining Session, More Talks Expected Friday – The Hollywood Reporter 

"As of press time, neither the AMPTP nor the WGA had commented on the talks or announced a new date for bargaining. However, The Hollywood Reporter understands the two sides are expected to meet again on Friday, with four top Hollywood executives also in attendance."

More Studio heads leaking negotiations. 

42 minutes ago, 21C said:

God they need to get rid of that "honoring sister strikes" BS. Why even make a deal if they're not gonna finish striking? SAG has more than enough leverage without the WGA. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I would imagine the revenue sharing point from SAG would be dropped if favour of a bigger increase of minimum payments since not all actors would benefit from the former.

According to the sag statement the revenue would be paid to the wga who would divide it up, even if they do five it up I think their going to make  a big showing of it to make it look like they are not conceding.

1 hour ago, poweranimals said:

I would imagine that residuals should be based on how many people actually watch the content. That way the services aren't stuck paying people at a loss at least.

Grace and Frankie got 7 seasons on Netflix: if no one was watching it, then they have bigger problems with their business model than figuring out how to calculate residuals.

• Like 13