Eric the Minion

WGA/SAGAFTRA Strike Discussion Thread | SAG Ratifies Contract

2 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Little less than 8 hours, actually.

(9am Pacific)

It's all but a formality anyway.  Unless there is a Hail Mary from the AMPTP.

Oh right, the press conference will be at noon.

2 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

So what happens now with movies still being released? Does SAG striking mean the actors aren't allowed to do interviews or any promoting of their films?

Yeah, they're not allowed to do any promotion whatsoever.

• Astonished 1

13 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Those two don't really have to worry, all the promotion for them is basically done. It's everything else.

Oh that's good to hear.

There is so much pressure on Barbie Oppenheimer to save this summer.

24 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Not good for Barbie or OPP.

I will say this, while regardless how even people that I have major respect will definitely disagree about this, I agree with you.

It won’t be good for either Barbie or Oppenheimer. It will have an impact, despite we not being able to gauge it. But it’s for a greater good, so whatever.

Edited by ZattMurdock

I think Barbieheimer will be fine since a lot of that hype feels the fake “viral hype” (a.k.a. where the excitement is real on the Internet, but it actually originated from a very strategic corporate plan, a.k.a. minions) that is already in place, and last week social media will be able to carry it over the hurdle.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

So what happens now with movies still being released? Does SAG striking mean the actors aren't allowed to do interviews or any promoting of their films?

Yes, now they need to invent absurd ways of promoting 

Disney for example is turning Haunted Mansion premiere this SAT in a fan event thing lol 

No doubt certain people will be proclaiming that this will be going on until sometime next year which seems unlikely. 

As hyperbolic as some people are on here, the 2024 film slate likely will be tweaked rather than pulled entirely. There's a lot of films which are already in the can and frankly given the crowded nature of some months next year, a few films probably would benefit from being moved. 

19 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Oh that's good to hear.

There is so much pressure on Barbie Oppenheimer to save this summer.

The Summer doesn’t need to be saved. Guardians, Vol. 3, Across the Spider-Verse and Elemental already have done that. Barbie will be joining the party, but I’m not entirely sure that it will have the legs to take over either Vol. 3 or ATSV, despite what I expect to be a pretty spectacular OW.

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

No doubt certain people will be proclaiming that this will be going on until sometime next year which seems unlikely. 

Probably not that long, but it feels like there's some solidarity between the WGA and SAG, which probably extends this strike beyond the time the old joint one ran for in the 60s. Don't see much being wrapped up before October at the earliest.