filmlover

CinemaCon 2023: 4/24-27

17 hours ago, filmlover said:

It was made in 2021 and already has its MPA rating, so it's unlikely they sit on a finished-for-a-while movie even longer. It all depends on what Searchlight does: all they have for the rest of the year are Next Goal Wins and Magazine Dreams (likely to be dumped with no fanfare), so they must be deciding how they want its festival run to go since NGW is an obvious TIFF bow.

Fair points. Magazine Dreams would've been the one. Alas...

Wow! Even though is the most packed year for movies in a long time, these CinemaCon discussions were almost as quiet as the ones from 2021. I guess it was due to the lack of any real surprise reveals, reactions, and moments. Oh, well... Here's hoping for a real cinematic year, everyone!

1 hour ago, Ken said:

Wow! Even though is the most packed year for movies in a long time, these CinemaCon discussions were almost as quiet as the ones from 2021. I guess it was due to the lack of any real surprise reveals, reactions, and moments. Oh, well... Here's hoping for a real cinematic year, everyone!

3 hours ago, Ken said:

When studios are acting more conservative because of an impending writers' strike there isn't much room for surprises.

14 hours ago, Ken said:

tbh they held most of the "first time ever seen" footage crowd for the audience despite releasing many trailers online at the same time (more than in the past, if I remember correctly). Which can probably be attributed to it being too soon to start the marketing for the majority of the fourth quarter titles, gotta save some stuff for later (or for a little bit, those movies are certain to officially commence their marketing campaigns throughout the summer).