35 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Pretty much what you'd expect. Dumb, with cheesy American patriotism jingoism coming at me left, right and centre, but it's still extremely entertaining. Definitely one I could rewatch whenever it's on TV or whatever.

Fixed that for you. :)

I have to agree with Coolio. It's entertaining enough but has probably one of the cheesiest scenes in cinema history. Also, the way they work the game into the movie is quiet clever. I don't know whet this is a good thing or bad thing but Rihanna's performance was probably one of the better ones in the movie.Can someone who has seen this outside of Australia please confirm whether there was a pilot with call sign "Boomer" at a critical point in the movie?

Pretty much what you'd expect. Dumb, with cheesy American patriotism coming at me left, right and centre, but it's still extremely entertaining. Definitely one I could rewatch whenever it's on TV or whatever.

This.

This movie fucking ROCKS. It delivers insane action, fantastic CGI, sound, music, Kitsch is super cool. Best alien invasion movie ! I totaly love it, miles betther than Transformers.

Edited by tilko
  • Like 1

I'm usually not the biggest fan of disaster and/or alien invasion films, but I enjoyed this. Very tongue-in-cheek, while not crossing the line completely into total parody. Focuses largely on the non-stop action over any real attempt at a serious story (the reverse of what kills say an Armageddon for me), which is the way to go in these genres IMO. Sure, I would have liked a bit more originality, but I did also enjoy the ways in which the game plays out within the film. Another thing I liked is that the film is respectful of the military, without ever feeling anything close to propaganda in my eyes.Not sure why this is getting hammered while the Transformers films can get a pass. I guess it's better to be a direct adaptation of a toy line than a loose adaptation of a board game... My two cents.B (8.0/10)

Edited by JarJarBinks
  • Like 1

Well slap my ass and call me Betsy...this movie does fucking rock! This is basically Peter Berg pretending he's Bay and the results are fantastic. More later, but just a kick ass action film.9/10

• Like 2

Went out and caught this on the spur of the moment tonight and lo and behold, that was quite a bit of fun. It's not exactly Hamlet or anything, but so what? It's not pretending to be, just good escapist fun. It was a really fun ride, the 90% packed theater was into it, and so was I. Glad I gave it a chance!Very much worth a try.B+

• Like 1

Gotta love it! The US Navy vs Master Chief from Halo. Saw this tonight at a sold out 9:30pm showing and from the "cheesy" burrito scene all the way to the end, there were tons of laughs and clapping from the audience. B+

• Like 1

And here's the thing. Maybe a lot of us didn't expect much and that's why we enjoyed it. I knew a lot of it was cheese and some of it bugged me (the soccer game was really dumb). But what you have here is an action film that really doesn't pause much to take a breath. It just goes and goes like the Energizer Bunny. If you're looking for The Last Samurai kind of battle movie, then stay away, but if you just want some good popcorn scenes then I think you'll enjoy this.

I went with some friends to see this today. This movie was fun, and the ending was inspirational, loved the whole veterans and disabled got to save the day.

That was so Bay and it was such a great part of the film. Usually overt jingoism like this film really bugs me, but here it worked for some reason.
  • Like 1