charlie Jatinder

Weekdays (8-11 May, 2023) Thread.

1 minute ago, ringedmortality said:

So Guardians has better WOM than Wakanda Forever right?

Don’t think so in the domestic aspect, Guardians just seems like it was hurted by some hesitation while WF not so much

And Guardians also is more crowd pleaser which helps repeat viewings 

OS tho yes Guardians WOM is not very far from NWH in many countries 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Torontofan said:

GOTG3 came out in 2020 or something (no covid) it easily done 1.1 billion or more.

Just people tired of MCU lately

As late as May 2022 it would have been a 1.2B+ hit

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Dale Cooper said:

But GTA V has sold more in the past four or five years than the entire Elder Scrolls series have done in total. So if gaming has gone in one way it clearly has not affacted GTA V.

Anyway, great numbers for Vol 3. Should come in around Vol 2 for the second weekend.

I don’t think that’s true at all. GTA was pretty frontloaded and sold the bulk of its sales in the first few years, especially once it was out for ps4 gen. Skyrim has had longevity by being ported to practically everything. It’s even on switch, which GTA is not.  But yes, GTA V sales are far above Skyrim but GTA was massive when V launched. That was definitely the peak of its popularity and relevance since you had a whole generation of gamers that had grown up with it. 

Anyways, I did forget the real possibility of Elder Scrolls 6 being Xbox/PC exclusive now that they own Bethesda. If that happens, then yeah ES6 won’t sell anywhere near its total potential. Xbox is looking to easily be the last place loser in the console race again. 

Edited by MovieMan89

23 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

FWIW, Guardians 2 did 16.4M FRI and +65M WKND

Considering GOTG2 out opened GOTG3 by 28M so making nearly the same will be astounding hold for GOTG3. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ringedmortality said:

So Guardians has better WOM than Wakanda Forever right?

I would say easily. Yeah they both had the same Cinemascore but other metrics aren't really close.

IMDB

- WF: 6.7/10

-GOTG3: 8.3/10 (almost top 100 on IMDB)

Letterboxd

-GOTG3: 4.2

-WF: 3.6

Metacritics users

-WF: 5.3

GOTG3: 7.7

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

I always thought WF's WOM was overstated. The WOM actually wasn't that great. 

It had 2.5x legs. The WOM was good, the movie just wasn't the kind of movie that people went back to see over and over again.

• Like 1