charlie Jatinder

Weekdays (8-11 May, 2023) Thread.

10 minutes ago, stripe said:

great news. This could help increase hype for The Marvels.

I wonder if that's at least partially the reason why it got pushed to November. Maybe they're unsure of how audiences will receive it, so they've readjusted it to be released after a string of surefire hits in order to restore audience goodwill and indirectly boost its opening weekend.

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Next closest thing is Mission Impossible which won't have them for two weekends but will have PLFs from Tuesday evening 7/11 through Thursday afternoon 7/20. Next after that I'd think would be The Meg 2 on 8/4 but then again TMNT opens that weekend and might snag some Dolby and XD screens then Gran Turismo on 8/11. Oddly enough, thinking on it more, Gran Turismo might have PLFs for 2+ weeks? Pretty much nothing remotely big opening after it until Equalizer on 9/1. Not sure it'll mean much for it though. Likely PLFs will revert back to whichever summer movie deserves to get some back later in their run.

Blue Beetle will have PLFs after GT.

• Like 1

MCU movies tend to stabilize in the later run so I don't think that Fast X and LM will hit it hard. Staying power has started to show already. 

EC's war on redditors is a gift that keeps on giving. He's ripping them a new one every day. Amazing tweets, keep them coming! :rofl:

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Illumination/Universal/Nintendo’s Super Mario Bros Movie did $1M last night for a fifth week of $23.6M at 3,909 theaters and a running total of $523.2M.

New Line’s Evil Dead Rise made $490K, -1% from Wednesday, for a third week of $8M at 3,036 theaters and running cume of $56.4M.

Lionsgate’s Are You There God? It’s Me Margaret made $289K, -17% from Wednesday, for a second week of $4.76M and a $14M domestic take.

Lionsgate’s John Wick: Chapter 4 at 1,658 made $223K yesterday, -2% for a seventh week of $3.3M at 1,658 theaters and a running cume of $181M.

• Thanks 1