kayumanggi

Weekend Thread | May 12 - 14 | Weekend Actuals | 62.01M GOTG III | 12.61M MARIO | 6.68M BOOK CLUB: THE NEXT CHAPTER

The superhero genre is going to die once the quality starts to consistently drop. 2022 wasn’t the best year, but GOTG3 is somewhat of a rebound for the genre. If Spiderverse and Flash continue this reversal, I’d say the genre will be much healthier by the end of the year than it was, say, 3 months ago. Even if Marvels just ends up being okay.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

The superhero genre is going to die once the quality starts to consistently drop. 2022 wasn’t the best year, but GOTG3 is somewhat of a rebound for the genre. If Spiderverse and Flash continue this reversal, I’d say the genre will be much healthier by the end of the year than it was, say, 3 months ago. Even if Marvels just ends up being okay.

This. And, from early reactions for Flash and just blind faith in the creative team behind Spider-Verse, I'm thinking that that's very likely. I think all 3 will do 300M+ DOM. Heck, maybe all 3 will do 350M+ DOM... Unlikely but possible...

Compared to Scream 5 (2022)'s 57.2M international gross, and Scream 6 (2023)'s $60.7 International gross. With half the budget. Who knew the "Evil Dead" brand was hotter overseas than the "Scream" brand? 

8 minutes ago, screambaby said:

There was a guy on YouTube saying that last sunday...

I thank god that I freed myself from the shackles of YouTube movie discussions. Those people are morons.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Flopped said:

Compared to Scream 5 (2022)'s 57.2M international gross, and Scream 6 (2023)'s $60.7 International gross. With half the budget. Who knew the "Evil Dead" brand was hotter overseas than the "Scream" brand? 

Again scream has never been big internationally...4's OS  outgrossed it's domestic only cause 4 flopped domestically 

40 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

So basically superhero fatigue doesn’t exist, but shitty superhero fatigue does.

some people are gloating that the people who were talking about superhero fatigue/Marvel fatigue were all wrong but I think it is a little more complicated as GOTG 3 did have low early presales to the point where Disney noticed and they dropped the embargo and did the early screenings. The opening weekend was not impressive considering how GOTG 2 did and the Infinity War/Endgame effect and even in the end you could argue GOTG 3 should have made a billion dollars but WOM ended up being great allowing it to hold well

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, screambaby said:

Again scream has never been big internationally...4's OS  outgrossed it's domestic only cause 4 flopped domestically 

I didn't know this. I wonder why. It's fun. Maybe international audiences prefer supernatural horror? 

• Like 1