kayumanggi

Weekend Thread | May 12 - 14 | Weekend Actuals | 62.01M GOTG III | 12.61M MARIO | 6.68M BOOK CLUB: THE NEXT CHAPTER

17 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Just in case you don’t mean as a joke (assume you do), Breath of the wild can also be beaten just as shortly, but most still put hundreds of hours into it anyways. You don’t play these to “beat” the main story lol.

Why would you spend hundreds of hours in a game that you can beat in less than 2 hours?

2 minutes ago, Durden said:

The Marvel Cinematic Universe threequel is seeing a $15M second Friday, -69%, for a 3-day of $54M-$55M (-54%) at 4,450 locations. 

https://deadline.com/2023/05/box-office-book-club-the-next-chapter-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-3-1235364748/

Even with 15M imo 58M is more probably 

But It’s likely just Deadline lowballing the whole thing including FRI

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Durden said:

The Marvel Cinematic Universe threequel is seeing a $15M second Friday, -69%, for a 3-day of $54M-$55M (-54%) at 4,450 locations. 

https://deadline.com/2023/05/box-office-book-club-the-next-chapter-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-3-1235364748/

Also from the article

FRIDAY AFTERNOON: Right now, Focus Features’ Book Club: The Next Chapter is looking at a third place debut of $2.1M today (including Thursday previews) and a $7M 3-day at 3,508 theaters. We’ll have to wait to see what kind of rise, if any, this reteam of Jane Fonda, Diane Keaton, Candice Bergen and Mary Steenburgen gets from Mothers Day Sunday. There aren’t any circuits doing any kind of discount pricing, ala what went on with the previous Fifth Season older-skewing female title, 80 for Brady. I’m told that exhibitors are doing valued added promotions with Book Club 2 tickets sales, i.e. free mimosas and margheritas.

Super Mario, from Illumination/Universal/Nintendo, booked at 3,800 is eyeing a sixth Friday of $2.9M, 3-day of $13.3M, -28%, and running total of $536.2M.

New Line’s Evil Dead Rise, booked at 2,821 theaters, is seeing a fourth Friday of $1M, 3-day of $3.6M (-39%), and a running total by Sunday of $60M. The Sam Raimi executive produced movie has already beat the domestic total of the 2013 Fede Alvarez-directed remake which ended its run at $54.2M.

In fifth place, it’s Lionsgate’s third weekend of Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret at 2,359 locations with $2.3M, -28%, after a $515K Friday and running total of $16.3M.

Robert Rodriguez’s Ben Affleck noir, Hypnotic, hits 2,118 theaters from Ketchup Entertainment. There were some TV spots. What does that mean as far as money goes? A Friday that’s between $800K-$900K and $2.2M-$2.3M opening.

Always enjoy weekends like these where everybody has good holds all around (yes I know some movies are performing better than others). I would assume even with Fast X that we should see the same thing next week before Memorial Day causes chaos.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Borja9198 said:

$16M-$17M+ at this point

To be fair, sometimes movies start the day very strong and get lower during night 

So the 16-17M early projection can drop to 15-ish which justify their conservative approach, but it does seems unlikely considering how it’s performing 

I’m sure we’ll get something more technical in a couple of hours tho from EC or Charlie 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thajdikt said:

Tbf wasn´t deadline spot on on the friday number last week?

Yes but they drop the number a few hours later than this i think 

And Guardians THU-FRI behave differently and closer to the usual frontloaded CBM movie than SAT and beyond

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, I Am Eric said:

Also from the article

Always enjoy weekends like these where everybody has good holds all around (yes I know some movies are performing better than others). I would assume even with Fast X that we should see the same thing next week before Memorial Day causes chaos.

If that SMBM number holds true (I'm sure it'll come in a little higher) that's only 1.5M more than I2 made the same weekend in its run and it's already getting easily out grossed by I2 on all respective weekdays. SBMB > I2 DOM seems like an impossibility without some crazy late legs here.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yes but they drop the number a few hours later than this i think 

And Guardians THU-FRI behave differently and closer to the usual frontloaded CBM movie than SAT and beyond

Good points. Would be nice if it goes higher. That said 54% is amazing. Would be on of the stronger MCU drops if i´m not mistaken?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

If that SMBM number holds true (I'm sure it'll come in a little higher) that's only 1.5M more than I2 made the same weekend in its run and it's already getting easily out grossed by I2 on all respective weekdays. SBMB > I2 DOM seems like an impossibility without some crazy late legs here.

I feel like the PLF loss and finally having actual competition in the form of Guardians hit it hard. I think the possibility of it going over 600 is slim. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thajdikt said:

Good points. Would be nice if it goes higher. That said 54% is amazing. Would be on of the stronger MCU drops if i´m not mistaken?

It would be the best since Shang-Chi's. 

• Thanks 1