Issac Newton

Weekdays | Fast X $5.4M

31 minutes ago, RyneOh1040 said:

This is solid considering the inflated Monday in Canada.

I think people love and will continue to love to write this franchise off but from the start 20+ years ago it understood audience diversity (in particular the Latinx community) in a way no major studio franchise had and continues to do so. My showing in Nashville was probably 70% non-white, which is amazing.  They absolutely let the budget balloon out of control for this, but in the end its going to turn coin and I think it's done an excellent job of getting its core audience excited for the 'finale'.

I'm not sure most sane posters are completely writing off anything but it does look primed to be lowest grossing Fast film DOM since the 4th one. Holiday weekend coming up will help it but it is losing all of the PLFs to Little Mermaid this weekend. I'm not expecting the greatest holds this weekend and especially the weekend that Spider-Verse drops in early June.

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I'm not sure most sane posters are completely writing off anything but it does look primed to be lowest grossing Fast film DOM since the 4th one. Holiday weekend coming up will help it but it is losing all of the PLFs to Little Mermaid this weekend. I'm not expecting the greatest holds this weekend and especially the weekend that Spider-Verse drops in early June.

That's kind of the point of my post, they're not making these for domestic dollars anymore. The audience is far, far too diverse for that.  Domestic isn't irrelevant at this point but it's also not the priority. The franchise outgrew it and put its focus elsewhere. As long as they can hit 150 stateside, and then triple to quadruple that OS, it's easy money (when the budget is kept in check).

Edited by RyneOh1040

Dammit, I wanted "Mario" to surpass "Incredibles 2" domestically.   It needed to be at like 575 before "Little  Mermaid".  Damn man.  Too many family films coming up.   Still a fantastic run overall.   As for "Fast X" again overseas saved the day and will make a respectable final gross though Domestically isn't doing gangbusters.   Again "Guardians 3" has held pretty well.  It seems a "Finale Bump" and WOM have helped it's legs and superseded some of this Comic Fatigue going on.   So let's see where it finishes overall.   

2 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

My area is retaining some afternoon and evening IMAX shows.

16 hours ago, Legions of the Galaxy said:

Looking for 2.7 today to fuel a 22-24ish 3day

7 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

How are the people that understand tracking and legs better than I do feeling about these numbers for each?

Pretty expected for both — Gotg3 holding well with a likely 6th best 4th mcu wknd (behind BP nwh Ta IW aeg). F10 dropping steeply but not catastrophically on track for drop in 60s

• Like 2

With Summer Weekdays starting soon, GOTG3 should leg out quite nicely from here. Yes, there is lots of competition, but it’s already lost its PLF screens and is doing good enough numbers to hang onto regular screens for quite some time. This combined with most MCU summer films having great late legs, even Thor last year, it should end up with a robust total.

• Like 3

1 (1) Fast X Universal $3,651,655 -39%   4,046 $903 $81,951,660 6
2 (2) Guardians of the Galaxy V… Walt Disney $2,773,248 -22% -38% 4,450 $623 $276,825,762 20
3 (3) The Super Mario Bros. Movie Universal $765,535 -22% -12% 3,540 $216 $551,846,955 50
4 (4) Book Club: The Next Chapter Focus Features $512,455 -33% -33% 3,513 $146 $14,857,910 13
5 (5) Evil Dead Rise Warner Bros. $271,028 -10% -29% 2,173 $125 $64,993,523 34
Very good hold for Mario, in part due to the increasing number of schools being off as we approach Memorial Day. Will be interesting to see how TLM affects it this weekend.