kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Weekend Estimates | 120.5M SPIDER-MAN: ATSV | 40.6M TLM | 12.3M THE BOOGEYMAN | 10.2M GOTG III

I’m not sure why people think Disney is sad about Sony having these movie rights. It keeps interest in the character high, they get all the merchandise money, and it’s far better than any Marvel movie. They should do their utmost to hitch their wagon to this movie - the villain alone was a million times better than what Disney did with Kang. 

1 hour ago, Noctis said:

What the FUCK?!

That is an insane number for Spider Verse. What the hell...50m opening day is crazy.

1 hour ago, WorkingonaName said:

Just might break $100M.

1 hour ago, Austin said:

Let's not get carried away...

:hahaha::rofl::bravo: That Deadline joke will always be funny!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grim22 said:

He's done better but given the theme of the thread this weekend...

Starting at 52 seconds, this would be Elfman's theme for the other studios visiting their hopes of a summer blockbuster crown after seeing the AtSV OD DOM balloon to 53M~...

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

with what we have like data for now, any chance the movie manages to land around 770m? I'm counting on a good enough growth for Beyond to reach 1B since part two of two-parters tend to have a significantly better gross (Harry Potter, Avengers to cite a few).  would be interesting to behold SPA having their first 1B hit.

Edited by elhassane31

Disney owning Spider-Man: stable mediocrity forever.

Sony owning Spider-Man: a lot of garbage, but with a chance to see greatness in between.

Not even a choice to me, unless you prefer stable mediocrity, but I'd take a truly great movie made by real filmmakers, even if it has to be mixed with trash like Morbius and Venom, over forever mediocrity, but without something aggressively awful like Morbius.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Disney owning Spider-Man: stable mediocrity forever.

Sony owning Spider-Man: a lot of garbage, but with a chance to see greatness in between.

Not even a choice to me, unless you prefer stable mediocrity, but I'd take a truly great movie made by real filmmakers, even if it has to be mixed with trash like Morbius and Venom, over forever mediocrity, but without something aggressively awful like Morbius.

Why not both like we did or currently do? It's fun. Sony is killing it with AtSV and Marvel did well the latest live action trilogy.

20 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Wow. Ariel got legs in Europe.

Funny. I was told that Europe were appalled at Ariel being Black and that they hated how Disney made it American and political. Strange 🤔 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eric 2099 said:

Funny. I was told that Europe were appalled at Ariel being Black and that they hated how Disney made it American and political. Strange 🤔 

I thought this topic is banned 

Lol

• Like 3