kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | Weekend Estimates | 120.5M SPIDER-MAN: ATSV | 40.6M TLM | 12.3M THE BOOGEYMAN | 10.2M GOTG III

1 hour ago, PrinceRico said:

Really wonder how much Beyond is going to grow on its opening weekend

My prediction is that it will be underestimated because movies that are a part 2 are always underestimated (Endgame, HP8, etc.). But I think roughly 200m OW is reasonable and maybe 600m total (Literally no competition in April just like Mario) for a 1.2 billion worldwide assuming excellent reception.

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Ronan got her first Oscar nom at the same age (also in Supporting). She's only 3 years older but since then she nabbed 3 more Oscar nominations this time in Lead. And all franchises she tried for rejected her even after her Oscar nominations, interestingly. But that dind't hurt her career. It went up up up. She's an A list.

I mean, she is MCU’s Hawkeye. And you might not be well invested in the Disney+ outings, but trust me when I say this, Hailee will have a bigger role in the MCU than Zendaya’s MJ. Kate Bishop is an extremely beloved Marvel character and they are setting her up to lead a version of the Young Avengers. Not sure how could anyone say she was ‘rejected’ because we don’t have a second season of Hawkeye just yet. Quality over quantity, Hawkeye was awesome for what it was, it adapted one of the best Hawkeye stories to a tv show, reintroduced us to Kingpin and gave us the new Hawkeye and Black Widow dynamic. I say, give it time.

5 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

My prediction is that it will be underestimated because movies that are a part 2 are always underestimated (Endgame, HP8, etc.). But I think roughly 200m OW is reasonable and maybe 600m total (Literally no competition in April just like Mario) for a 1.2 billion worldwide assuming excellent reception.

I could see it being huge domestically, but its international isn't really growing much for this. I can't see it suddenly get huge overseas next year. I also kind of have doubts it can hit 600 domestic if Mario couldn't. Feel like 550-580 is the max for it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, baumer said:

Dude she's a voice actress in the biggest opening movie of the year. That hardly makes her anything special LOL

Jay Baruchel was in a gigantic animated series. Now he's back in Montreal making Canadian films.

From what I've read that's partly by choice he didn't want the spotlight. He waw amazing in Blackberry btw

11 minutes ago, Mulder said:

I could see it being huge domestically, but its international isn't really growing much for this. I can't see it suddenly get huge overseas next year. I also kind of have doubts it can hit 600 domestic if Mario couldn't. Feel like 550-580 is the max for it.

Fair enough. I could see something like 550m dom/500m int happening.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I mean, she is MCU’s Hawkeye. And you might not be well invested in the Disney+ outings, but trust me when I say this, Hailee will have a bigger role in the MCU than Zendaya’s MJ. Kate Bishop is an extremely beloved Marvel character and they are setting her up to lead a version of the Young Avengers. Not sure how could anyone say she was ‘rejected’ because we don’t have a second season of Hawkeye just yet. Quality over quantity, Hawkeye was awesome for what it was, it adapted one of the best Hawkeye stories to a tv show, reintroduced us to Kingpin and gave us the new Hawkeye and Black Widow dynamic. I say, give it time.

Yes I know hawkeye the least watched Marvel show until Ms Marvel completely tanked. The thing that started to crowd talking about Hawkeye was Kingpin. Not Bishop, not Echo, not Yelena. Kingpin.

Also, by the time Young Avengers come out they'll be in  their 30s. 

Also, eevryone and their mother is in MCU. It's no more a star maker. It's business as usual. It's hard to stand out when 3M other actors have the same thing on their resume.

That said, Steinfeld is absolutely destroying Moore's embarrassing attempts to flirt with her during Spiderverse promo and it's glorious to watch. Everyone on twitter is laughing at him and cheer Steinfeld. I don't know what he is thinking. She isn't into him at all and makes no bones about it. :bravo:

• ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

Yes I know hawkeye the least watched Marvel show until Ms Marvel completely tanked. The thing that started to crowd talking about Hawkeye was Kingpin. Not Bishop, not Echo, not Yelena. Kingpin.

Also, by the time Young Avengers come out they'll be in  their 30s. 

Also, eevryone and their mother is in MCU. It's no more a star maker. It's business as usual. It's hard to stand out when 3M other actors have the same thing on their resume.

That said, Steinfeld is absolutely destroying Moore's embarrassing attempts to flirt with her during Spiderverse promo and it's glorious to watch. Everyone on twitter is laughing at him and cheer Steinfeld. I don't know what he is thinking. She isn't into him at all and makes no bones about it. :bravo:

I don’t know what the f happened with BOT lately but yeah I want out of whatever this conversation is going with. Like… yeah, I’m good.

@Krissykins somehow this turned into a debate about her relevancy. That was never my intention, she's obviously doing very well and stars in lots of movies. I'm just saying personally I find her a little bit bland and no different than two or three dozen other actresses out there. But it's all personal opinion right?

20 minutes ago, Michael Gary Scott said:

From what I've read that's partly by choice he didn't want the spotlight. He waw amazing in Blackberry btw

You're 100% correct. I love jay baruchel  and I followed his career over the last decade or so partly because we are both from montreal. His character in this is the end is pretty close to what he's like in real life in terms of the whole Hollywood scene.

7 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I don’t know what the f happened with BOT lately but yeah I want out of whatever this conversation is going with. Like… yeah, I’m good.

Are you new to weekend threads? LOL I mean they always go in different directions it's never always about box office

Only issue with Lord/Miller being so involved with spider-verse is that they probably didn't have much time to work on the new, awful clone high reboot. What a fall from the OG show.

Just now, TMP said:

Only issue with Lord/Miller being so involved with spider-verse is that they probably didn't have much time to work on the new, awful clone high reboot. What a fall from the OG show.

I actually want Lord and Miller taking over one of the Avengers films. Yeah animation isn’t live action sure, but they surely could pull off Secret Wars. Actually, Secret Wars could be at same time an introduction to live action Miles Morales. Kevin Feige certainly is seeing what all of us are seeing.

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I actually want Lord and Miller taking over one of the Avengers films. Yeah animation isn’t live action sure, but they surely could pull off Secret Wars. Actually, Secret Wars could be at same time an introduction to live action Miles Morales. Kevin Feige certainly is seeing what all of us are seeing.

I'd rather them do something more interesting than another avengers movie

• Like 3